HELP, not sure how long i can hold out
Sep 27, 2002 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BoardC3

500+ Head-Fier
i just got a new Rio Volt 250 and i love it but all my phones are gone but my koss 50's. I was planning on waiting for xmas and getting ety-4p's but im thinking that maybe ill just get a lightly used pair of the ety-6's now. is it THAT much of a difference? will i be dissapointed? please help

Sep 27, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 5
Please Please Please wait out for the ER-4p's they sound sooo much better than an er-6. I think the er-6 sound a notch above decent buds which is nothing specail to me, the clarity is there but its lifeless lifeless lifeless. I really don't like the er-6 especailly when i heard the er-4's.

yes there is that much difference to me
yes you will be dissapointed when you heard the er-4's

best to save your money rather than get a used er-6 or save it for a future amp.

Sep 27, 2002 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 5
I think there was some analogy once. . . about trying to quit drinking by talking to bartenders or something. . .
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by BoardC3
I was planning on waiting for xmas and getting ety-4p's...

Christmas is not that far away...... good (better) things come to those who wait.
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2002 at 12:27 PM Post #5 of 5
I had a chance to own both the ER-6 & ER-4s (although not quite the same as your intended 4p but they are closer in sound). I didn't have the luxury of pre-auditioning them, due to my geography.

Let me put it simply this way, it is a night & day comparison between the two in terms of sound quality. I won't even try to describe their sonic qualities as there are more qualified ppl on this forum with a better grasp of that knowledge. I don't know how the Koss 50 sounds but personally I find my Grado SR80 wayyy more enjoyable than the ER-6. That's not to say it isn't good, alot of ppl here like it too.

Plus, it is alot easier to get a good seal with Er-4 which is important in order for the Etys to perform.

I don't know what sort of music you listen to but if you really enjoy listening to music I'm sure you will enjoy the ER-4p. The added bonus being you can use it without an amp. Should you have more funds later you can add one & even get the 'S' adapter cable.

So, does that mean to say I like the ER-4s?

[size=medium] HELL YES!!![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back