Help needed with correct balanced cable Meze 99 Classic/Neo
Jun 23, 2020 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bigun

New Head-Fier
I’ve just (on a whim) purchased my first pair of over-ear headphones - Meze 99 Neo’s. Never listened to them, in fact not listened to any on or over-ears at all 😳
Anyway all that aside I’d like to purchase an after market balanced cable for them and after looking online I’m totally confused as they all seem to have different 3.5mm plugs at the headphone end 🤯

can anyone point me in the right direction, ideally don’t want to spend anymore than £50 👍🏻👍🏻
TIA

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 7
I’ve just (on a whim) purchased my first pair of over-ear headphones - Meze 99 Neo’s. Never listened to them, in fact not listened to any on or over-ears at all 😳
Anyway all that aside I’d like to purchase an after market balanced cable for them and after looking online I’m totally confused as they all seem to have different 3.5mm plugs at the headphone end 🤯

can anyone point me in the right direction, ideally don’t want to spend anymore than £50 👍🏻👍🏻
TIA
What termination do you need? The Meze are tricky as they need a very slim 3.5mm connector to go into the cup. I have only tried the Meze balanced 2.5 cable so can’t say much about the aftermarket ones.

Jun 24, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 7
What termination do you need? The Meze are tricky as they need a very slim 3.5mm connector to go into the cup. I have only tried the Meze balanced 2.5 cable so can’t say much about the aftermarket ones.

that’s why I’m struggling, been looking at this 1 from China:

£37.82 | LN007005 16 Core OCC Silver Plated Mixed Headphone Cable For Meze 99 Classic Neo Noir Focal Clear Elear Elex Elegia Stellia
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BTeCxU

Seller tells me it’s compatible, I think the plugs look different 🤷‍♂️ The Meze plugs are mono and only have 1 ring on the plug. These have 2, stereo plugs? But then could they be wired up internally for mono? Or am I over thinking it 😂

Jun 24, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #4 of 7
A 2.5mm balanced cable from Meze is $49 on Amazon.

Jun 25, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 7
A 2.5mm balanced cable from Meze is $49 on Amazon.
This really is a great option, I've bought one for my 99's and one for my Stellia.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back