Help needed: Triflange mod for Westone 3
Dec 24, 2008 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SilverB

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm eager to try out the triflanges on my Westone 3.
However, I have problems with the insertion of the triflanges.
And the feeling is just not right. I have a very awkward feeling with these tips sticking out of my ears.

I would like to try to mod the triflanges to something else (which will in turn give better seal and comfort).

I've tried to do a search on these forums but most of the discussions were too old that the pictures wouldn't show anymore.

Is there a guide (with pics) that shows how you actually mod the triflanges?

Thanks.

SilverB

Dec 24, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 6
Start by cutting off the first flange - cut it off flush to the second flange. Give that a try. If you feel they are still sticking out too far, you can trim the stem - the opposite end. Trim in small increments because if you cut off too much, they won't go far enough into your ear canal.

Some have trimmed down to a single flange.

-Pony

Dec 24, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 6
And silly as it may sound, I put some body butter on them to moisten them, and it works like a lubricant, making the insertion way easier and more comfortable
ksc75smile.gif

You should try it.

Dec 24, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And silly as it may sound, I put some body butter on them to moisten them, and it works like a lubricant, making the insertion way easier and more comfortable
ksc75smile.gif

You should try it.

Funny you should mention that. I put some body butter, leave them overnight and wash them up the next morning. I find that it makes the triflanges softer and not so irritating to your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back