my previous two earphones were
v-moda vibe which was my first one
i thought it sounded great until i lost it
after i got myself shure SE210 which sounded like garbage to me
frown.gif

and felt i was totally robbed.
i thought vibe sounded ALOT better than the SE210
after my SE210 experience i was unsure about purchasing another
earphone w/o trying them first but there aren't much places where you can around my area.
so i would like to ask you guys for recommendation on my third earphone purchase.

majority of my listening is hip-hop
also listens to pop and something quiet like corinne bailey rae/jason mraz

any reply would be great!
regular_smile .gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #2 of 7
wow vmoda hmmmm. audio technica CK7 is great but needs a little bit ok burn-in because it is a dynamic driver design and well within your pricerange. At around $200, you are almost in the top tier of universal IEM's but not quite. the westone UM2 is about $250 and its great and really good for hip hop. also the new UE super.fi 5 is good for a 2 driver model; its been reviewed well here but I haven't tried it personally. I think it comes in at around $150. then of course for $300+ you can get the UE triple.fi and shure SE530 (I have owned both of these and hip hop (and everything) sounds great on them. I currently own the SE530 of course then you have the customs like livewires at around that same price; but no resale value of course,your stuck with them

Nov 2, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 7
super fi 5 pro, or even EB ill impress with hip hop as this is the genre they were designed for.

stay away from single armatures as they will not deliver for hip hop in my opinion.

multi armature earphones or dynamics are for you mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back