Help Needed! Buying Headphones and Amp!
Apr 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Blocked

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone
My birthday is coming up soon and I think it's time to get a good quality pair of headphones for under $500. I mainly listen to electronic music like Dubstep, Chillstep, Trance, House, Techno, and EDM. Meaning, I want these cans to have brain melting bass and have good kids and highs so I know what I'm listening to and not just have over powered bass like Beats.(which I have now sadly). I'm stuck between 3 headphones.
Ultasone Pro 900
Denon D600
Sony XB1000
If you have any more suggestions, please say so!
I also wanted to get an amp. I'm thinking of getting a Fiio or a Digizoid ZO. Which one would be better to get? Hope I get some answers soon!
P.S, I will be listening to them nearly 24/7 and bring them nearly everywhere.

Apr 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #4 of 9
Haha seems quiet maybe people are doing their research. I want to see what headphones come up I've been thinking of getting a job to fund my yet to start headphone collection.

Apr 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #6 of 9
Why does everyone seem to ignore this...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/full-size-headphone-recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op

Apr 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 9
Of the headphones you've listed, I can vouch for the Ultrasone PRO 900's.  They are easy to drive and have amazing bass-slam.  You may get fatigued by the forward-treble though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back