Help needed: AKG Q460 Quincy J. or Sennheiser HD 238 or Grado SR 80i or Sennheiser PX 200-II ??
Sep 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gguerini

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, this is my first post here at Head-fi. I've been reading the forum for a long time but today I decided to create an account.

I had a Sennheiser HD 238 Precision and I really liked it. Good design, kind of comfortable and a reasonable sound quality. Last week my dad used my Sennheiser and he felt in love with it. I'm from Brazil and everything is more expensive down there so he gave me $100 to keep them. Now I'm in the USA and I'm ready to buy new headphones. I wondering which one I should buy. 

I will primary use it with my iPhone and computer. I listen to all sorts of music (rock, indie, techno, drum'n'bass, jazz and classical music). And it should be less than $100. Which one do you guys think I should buy?

1. AKG Q460 Quincy Jones
  2. Sennheiser HD 238
  3. Sennheiser PX 200-II (i)
  4. Grado SR 80i

I know there is a new Sennheiser model, the HD 239 but they are more expensive. The AKG Q460 is on sale for around $90 on Amazon and BHPhoto. I like that the Sennheiser PX 200-IIi comes with mic and iPod controls, so it's a plus.

What do you guys think?? 

Thank you very much!!

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back