[Help] Need help setting up amp/dac please!
Apr 17, 2021 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MisterZed

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

So I'm attempting to setup my new headphones, Fidelio X2HR's, with my Magni 3+ and Modi 3+ amp and dac. I only have the amp at the time, as the dac is still being delivered. The issue is, I'm not having any sound coming through to the headphones, and no audio devices are showing up on Windows.

How I currently have it setup is as follows. I have the amp plugged into power, with RCA cables on the IN line. Those cables run to the back of my computer, and plug into the light blue and lime plugs as shown in the below image. I then turn on the amp, and have my headphones plugged into the front.
1618688375734.png

(Found in motherboard manual online)

I will add that when I plugged the RCA cables into the back of my motherboard, they plugged in very loosely, and will come out with practically 0 effort.

I'm assuming I'm either doing this fundamentally wrong, or something isn't functioning as it should. Research unfortunately isn't specifically helping either. I'm trying to plug them into my motherboard, a Asus Prime Z370-A using an two male to two male RCA cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Think you need to get a 2.5mm to twin RCA & plug the 3.5mm into your line out jack which is probably black.
Better still, wait for your DAC, connect DAC to USB, then DAC to amp with the paired RCA cables.
Ah! I guess I'll have to be a bit more patient then! I'll be waiting for my DAC to come in, thank you very much for the help.

Apr 17, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, an amp can't take a digital signal, that's what the DAC does (digital to analog converter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back