help! my ipod skips every other track
Feb 2, 2007 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

choariwap

100+ Head-Fier
hi,

my ipod skips every other track in the playlist... the files are not corrupted or anything because when i press previous it will play the skipped track.

i encoded the files using EAC - FLAC then converted to ALAC using dbpoweramp then synced the ipod using winamp.

anyone know whats up with this?

thanks!

Feb 2, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 8
I believe this is a common problem with iPods; they can't handle the large file sizes. I have a 3rd gen that will sometimes skip entirely or pause for a second at the beginning of an ALAC track. You could try putting rockbox on your iPod if it's 4th gen or later (excluding 80GB iPods) and load it up with FLAC files. Rockbox also sounds better than the original firmware. Another option is to encode you files to 320kbps CBR MP3 or v0 VBR MP3; you should not experience problems with either of these.

Feb 2, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 8
It's not a problem with recent gens.

Two things to try -
a) Try doing an ALAC to ALAC "conversion in iTunes. DBPowerAmp's ALAC output may be slightly off of what the iPod needs and this test won't cause you to lose any SQ.
b) restore your iPod and see if it's a DB problem.

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #5 of 8
i tried the import to itunes alc to alac conversion and it worked! thanks for the tip blessingx!

whats the best solution to get EAC to ALAC rips?

i was using EAC -> FLAC then dbpoweramp to convert to ALAC... but dbpoweramp seems to mess up the alac files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back