HELP! My IEM acting weird.
Jul 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nkdi2211

New Head-Fier
I just come across a weird problem with my Vsonic GR07 today.
I have the IEM for almost a year. I listened to it with no problem till today.
The IEM doesn't respond like it supposed to. When I plug it to my Cowon i10 or my laptop, the sound is muffed almost every frequency, except a small range in the mid, where just some frequency in the song get through with no problem, some freq sound echoed. Sound like a really bad EQ, 
I thought of the possible driver damage  or cable damage and try to move the plug a bit, I found out that if I loosely plug it in to the jack, with about 2-3mm left outside , it sound like it normally do, just a little bit quiet.
I tried moving the cords but the sound didn't change so I don't think it's a cable problem. 
I suspect the problem is my plug. Is it really my plug making it weird? How can I fix it? I hope I can repaired it somehow.
Thanks

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks but anyway that I can fix it without sending it? 
Unfortunately it act up on the day I go out of USA.
It will be long before I come back  I hope I can fix it myself. 
The IEM really know to choose the time to act up :frowning2:

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #4 of 9
If you have time hit up a local sears, I know my local one carried JVC ha fx101, JVC riptides, and I think I saw JVC marshmellows. All of which are pretty cheap and will give you a decent sound to get you through for now.

From my experience target and the other chain stores I check out are usually lacking on good budget IEMs. This is of course if you don't have a backup and want one.

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 9
Take them to your local electronics repair shop or even a computer repair shop and have them check the wiring. It sounds like you need to have the jack replaced. They will be happy to help you - it's a very easy operation if you know how and probably the easiest thing they'll have to do all day.

Goodluck

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Any idea why my IEM like this?
I am just a college student and the GR07 cost alot.

have you tried it with any other DAP? perhaps your laptop?

Sounds like the wire termination has gone bad, might need a new plug. I'd contact V-sonic if possible first before taking it for repair. If that is the issue, re-terminating the wire is a pretty cheap and easy fix, all you'd need is the parts.

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 9
Yeah, I tried with every other device I had, Laptop, DAP, Amp.... still the same result.
I may need to find where to buy the parts and where to fix it. Long time haven't been back to Vietnam.
I don't know If I should buy another IEM, it brake too fast for my wallet T_T.

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #9 of 9
Than start putting it in an IEM case or buy a cell phone holder to specifically put your IEM's in, if you think you won't carry the case get one to clip on your belt or pants (with a solid clip thats hard to remove) and carry it that way. Or you can just start buying some good cheap IEM's which are more disposable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back