help my girlfriend choose a new player
Sep 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ext23

100+ Head-Fier
ok, it should be noted that even though this is an audiophile forum, my girlfriend is NOT an audiophile and has no idea about electronics/bitrates/hifi stuff. so audio quality is not an issue for her. it is, however, an issue for me, as i won't be able to stand by and just let her drop loads of money on something tacky!

anyway on with the show. here are the requirements:

8GB+ of storage, expandable not required.
she wants something light and rugged, not easily broken, as she is a dancer and often dances with her headphones on when choreographing.
(here's the tricky part) shoots photos/video. quality should be passable at least.

up until a couple of weeks ago, the nano was the best option for her. but since the new nanos can't shoot photos or videos, they are out of the equation. i suggested the ipod touch but it's kinda too big/delicate to dance with, and at any rate she doesn't wanna spend that much money.

is there anything that fits this description? i understand these are some pretty strict criteria!

thanks.

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 5
The sansa clip is rugged and plays pretty much everything. And they're cheap too, so you can break one and not worry (well, not too often haha).

Oo, video. Why not get an old iPod nano? Stores haven't cleared their stock yet. You can get a new one now dirt cheap. I'd act quickly though, people know they're better so demand will go up.

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 5
Hmm the  only thing I can think of is the 5g Nano. I'm sure you'd still be able to buy one if you wanted.
Not much really has a camera... that isn't a phone or something like that.

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #5 of 5
Yeah, that old nano is really a class of it's own. It's a "dumb" PMP with a camera. Most "smart" PMPs don't have cameras yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back