!!!!!!HELP ME!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2006 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Bob Mahoy

100+ Head-Fier
eek.gif
eek.gif

I was working on my first cmoy, everything was going perfectly, and then, a good way into it, i realised i had the board the wrong way around (even though I'd checked it so many times). The right side is supposed to be the part with 8 holes after the ground, but I used the part with 7. Is there something I can do to remedy this, or do I have to start over.

I was using the radioshack board, if you hadn't already guessed.

I have put in both r1 resistors, the capacitors used in the power supply, all the jumpers, and the socket.

Please try to think of a solution.

The issue has now been resolved, so there is no need to post. Any moderators that come across this thread can delete it.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 10
Bump...this is making me so angry.

WHY ME??!!!

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm not angry at you, just at myself and my luck. My luck has always bullied me,so I should be used to it by now...

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 10
It's no big deal. Really.

If you're blindly following the layout without paying any attention to the wiring diagram or schematic, I can see how it could be confusing.

Here we go. Ignoring the stuff in the center and the jumpers on the far outside edges, everything on the right side needs to be one hole to the left. Everything on the left side? One hole to the left.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 10
Thank you so much...I'm going to be resoldering around half of it then. No biggie.

You're positive?

Actually, that wouldn't work. For example, jumpers that connected to the ground before would no longer do so. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #6 of 10
OK, Settle down Beavis. A better thread title would help without all of the exclaimation points. Later when someone trys to search for CMoy issues, they aren't going to find yours, because yours just says Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On to your problem. It's not the end of the world. It doesn't matter which side has 3 holes or 4 holes, as long as the correct wires go to the correct components. Take a picture of your board and post it here and someone can tell you what you need to do to fix it. It is hard to understand what all is wrong at this point. If you have to take out a few jumpers or components, it is not that difficult with solder braid.
http://www.kbrd.net/Cmoy.htm

look it is a CMoy like yours

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #7 of 10
I think it is actually quite easier,IMO, if you get yourself a new board from radiochack and start over. My experience with that board is that it's not easy to desolder. If you can grab a new one just melt the solder and pull the components out(the caps and so, the resistors just put some new) and start over in a new board taking time to understand the layout and chematic. Another lesson I learned the hard way(frying opamps is not cool
tongue.gif
) was that if you don't have enough time to do it then don't.

Manuel

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #8 of 10
eggosmile.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
rolleyes.gif
etysmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
biggrin.gif
lambda.gif
3000smile.gif
280smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
rs1smile.gif
340smile.gif
580smile.gif
etysmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
orphsmile.gif
biggrin.gif
eggosmile.gif
icon10.gif

Guess what??!!! After reviewing the layout for the board on tangentsoft, I found out that i barely need to do anything, because the individual holes on either side aren't actually used-even for the jumpers!

The only instance in which it is used if is you can't stretch the leg on one of the input capacitors far enough.

*phew*

I'm all smiles now, thanks everyone for trying to help me in my time of need.

Thankfully, I hadn't started undoing it yet.

To see what im talking about, click here.

(Note- you will need some sort of pdf reader, like adobe acrobat).

Thanks again.

I cannot express in words how relieved I am.

...It's only a cmoy...

On a final note, I think I may have set a head-fi record for the most smilees (emoticons...?) used in one message.

I wil now edit the title so nodoby else wastes their time.

Which is especially important, as this message will bump the thread.

-The End

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
OK, Settle down Beavis. A better thread title would help without all of the exclaimation points. Later when someone trys to search for CMoy issues, they aren't going to find yours, because yours just says Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that, I was getting a little too worked up.

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Mahoy
Any moderators that come across this thread can delete it.

Well, I guess they could anyways.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back