Help me Wolf Blitzer, you're my only hope. Hologram on CNN
Nov 5, 2008 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
YouTube - CNN Hologram TV First

Did anyone else see this? I did, but I missed the whole introduction and explanation that it was a hologram. I just walked into the room and said, "Who is he interviewing, Princess Leia?" I don't think it was a true hologram however. I mean, I don't think it was actually projected. Maybe it was. I'm not sure.

Nov 5, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 14
If wolf blitzer is seeing what we're seeing him see (if that makes any sense) then that is an amazing technology. Unfortunately this is probably a glorified green screen. In essence Wolf is point A the hologram is point B and a monitor, point C, on the other side of the hologram allows Wolf to see what we're seeing, similar to the way weathermen direct their actions. I just don't see how you could project an image on thin air. CNN certainly tried to mislead people into thinking wolf could see the anchor, if only it was true.

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still miss Aaron Brown ... back when CNN was still sort of a news organization and not a gimmicky entertainment channel.

Boy me too, Aaron Brown just wanted to present the news, he didn't want the news to be about Aaron Brown and I enjoyed his style. Anderson Cooper, Wolf and Dobbs are turn offs, same with those guys that John Stewart made a mockery of a couple years back. Don't get me started on CNN headline news

Also I really missed Tim Russert, his eyes would have been exploding out of his skull and glowing more last night than ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this one is better. she appears. I wish he'd have walked through her that would have been more convincing.

I was hoping Ms. hologram was going to chomp a chunk out of an apple then toss it to wolf and let him have a bite, that would have been some technology

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 14
Nice title OP
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #9 of 14
The person you really have to feel for with that hologram thing is Wolf Blitzer. He's the poor fool who had to stand there and talk to a red circle on the floor.

Anderson Cooper as well, of course, but he was talking to Will.I.Am, so you'd have to fell sorry for him anyway.

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still miss Aaron Brown ... back when CNN was still sort of a news organization and not a gimmicky entertainment channel.

amen!

that guy (very mellow, underspoken and intelligent) was great!

what the heck happened that they let him go? ;(

cnn is very hard to watch these days. pity as it was once a true news network.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #12 of 14
too bad that's not a real hologram. they just added a 2D image of the lady to the video feed. A 2D image is taken from the same angle as whichever camera is currently pointed at Wolf and is aligned with the red dot on the floor. Wolf couldn't actually see her, only the viewers.

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by snopes on devin_mm's link
What's more interesting is the surreality of a "reporter" *pretending* he sees something he does not so he can be a side-show barker for this pointless waste of time.

If technology serves some useful purpose, I'm all for it in news shows. But this was tantamount to having Wolf say, "And now that we've called New Hampshire, we've got Roscoe the dancing walrus live here IN THE STUDIO!!!"

Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back