Help me upgrade from S4
Oct 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wirelessnic

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-fiers,

This is my first post here. I currently own the Klipsch Image S4 and love them. They were my first 'taste' of good sound quality and now I want more!

I guess I'd like to hear a bigger soundstage, while still maintaining similar (or better) sound quality. I've been looking at the Super Fi 5 and wondering if it's that noticeable step up given the price?

...or should I just increase my budget by $50 and go for the Sennheiser IE7?

or are there any other recommendations? I want to keep my budget under $200.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 7
The Senn IE7 will have more soundstage, if you want to keep your costs down you can also look at the Audio Technica CKS70 as it is supposed to have a huge sound stage as well.

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks! I didn't think of that one. How's the rest of the sound quality of it though? Is it still similar to that of the Klipsch or the Sennheiser?

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 7
I would highly recommend the IE7, they have a similar sound to the S4, except they do everything better and have a far better sound stage and instrument separation. The cord is also a tank and almost never tangles, an incredible upgrade from the bad cables on the S4. I have heard the Super Fi 5 Pro before, as well as the 5 EBs, and the EBs were definitely better IMO. But then again, I sold my EBs when I bought my IE7s for the much cleaner and more refined sound.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #5 of 7
So I guess now the choice for me is gonna be between the CKS70 and the IE7...

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 7
I would consider getting the Sennheiser IE7 if weren't for the high price (the cheapest I've seen online is around US$170).

As for the Audio-Technica ATH-CKS70, what's the difference between this model and the ATH-CKS50?

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #7 of 7
After searching the webs, I found the IE7 on closeout for about the same price as the CKS70, so I just decided to go for the IE7! Should be on it's way soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back