Help me troubleshoot headphone problem
Oct 14, 2009 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Renoir34

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I've had a pair of Sennheiser HD650s for years now and a couple of months ago it stopped playing any sound out the right ear piece. I tested it on multiple systems with the same result. The cable for it comes in 2 parts, the main cable and a shorter cable that is the 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor which the main cable plugs into. I plugged the headphones into a 1/4" socket to see whether the adaptor cable was the problem and low and behold sound came out both ear pieces. I therefore bought a replacement adaptor cable (official sennheiser one) after which sound came out both ear pieces using 1/8" sockets again.

However 5 weeks later the exact same problem has occured again with sound only coming out of the right ear piece.

Did I miss something in my troubleshooting, could the main cable be damaging the adaptor cable or is there some other explanation?

All help gratefully received

Regards

Renoir

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Does it still work without the "adaptator " ?

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 4
I haven't been able to test it in a 1/4" socket because the one I used last time this happened is no longer available to me. I will try and find another one somewhere. If I find one and it doesn't work then that would suggest that either both the original cable pieces have died and the very short time period between their deaths is a coincidence or the headphones have slowly killed the cables or the main cable was damaged and has killed both adaptor cables

Users who are viewing this thread

Back