"Help Me" Threads
May 22, 2005 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

sahwnfras

500+ Head-Fier
I dont know if i am the only one who is getting tired of people asking people to help them buy shoes and stuff like that. Latly i have seen threads about "help me buy shoes", "help me buy a car", "help me buy sandals". This is stupid cant anyoen make a decision by themselves, i dident know that you have to ask people you dont even know what shoes to buy, come on people is it that hard to goto the store and try on a few diferent pairs, or do you have to go in there jsut for one pair of shoes becasue a stranger told you that they are good.

SO PEOPLE START MAKING YOUR OWN DECISIONS, YOU DONT NEED HELP.

May 22, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 22
I think people want help with buying things because they may not have any experiance with a certain product. It would be like going to a 'shoefi' forum and asking for help or we could ask those questions here in the midst of people we are familiar with.

May 23, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #5 of 22
The head-fi community has tons of incredibly varied and specialized collective knowledge. It is pretty impossible to tap into that without starting a thread, and it can be very useful for maximizing the return from spent money.

However, having said that, I have seen one or two "help me buy..." threads that I have snubbed. But then, I snub them by not responding, and it is really not a big deal to me.

May 23, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 22
exactly like the help me find a digital camera i posted beacuse i also needed help...
WHY

because alot of fellow head-fiers know ALOT more on that subject than i do and most have been into it alot longer would i go in to bestbuy or whatever and listen to the guy that works therE? no because there idiots. id rather come here and talk to people who have done it and have had alot of exp. with cameras.

oh ya noone makes you read those help me threads or reply to them so i really dont see why this is even an isssue

May 23, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #7 of 22
I strongly disagree with you on this sahwnfras. This is one of the best uses for a forum. With such a large group of people, there is always someone who has more experience with a product than you or I and sharing experiences helps in decision making.

We've had great knife, pen, car, watch, etc. threads that have been very helpful IMO. As others have said, if you don't like them, don't read them. I can think of a lot more useless threads here than the "help me buy a ...." ones.

May 23, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 22
I do not mind the "help me buy a colostomy bag" type threads. It opens you up to the fact that people here are not just into headphones. They like cars, motorcycles, watches, bikes, and etc. One of the great aspects about this site is the community that makes it up. Most members are patient, knowledgeable, and very helpful. As such, I see nothing wrong with people asking for advice to matters that do not strictly pertain to headphones. Speaking of which, I've been meaning to do my own "help me buy a bike" thread.

May 23, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
A lot of people here are rich and need help spending their money - I really don't see anything wrong with that.

ROTFLMFBO!
biggrin.gif

I actually like the 'help me' threads. They sometimes give me ideas that couldv'e never thought of myself or make me think of factors I never thought of.

May 23, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #11 of 22
I ask for help, cuz I need help. Considering how varied in expertise these people are, it'd be foolish NOT to ask. And the fact they choose to answer shows how considerate they are. Like someone said, we're friends here. Why ask a stranger rather than someone you know who actually cares and gives a damn.

sahwnfras, I don't know if this thread is in jest, but are you telling me you've never asked anyone for help? I mean as teen/adult. I admit, in real life, it's something I may hesitate to do myself, but I know when I gotta suck in my pride and talk to someone.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #12 of 22
Never hurts to ask for a second opinion but yeah i can understand the annoyance behind people asking for people in buying a pair of shoes...just try 'em on and if they fit, buy them.

May 23, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by djgustashaw
Get over yourself. It's not your forum.

Your the one who gave me the idea to start this thread, like c'mon man can you decide on FLIP FLOPS by yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back