help me replace my SR80s pls...
Aug 29, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #31 of 33
As I said in my initial post, I do love the SR80s sound. However, as them being open cans, they leak lots of sound and are thus innapropiate for my work environment. Will definitively keep them for home use
smily_headphones1.gif

As for the bithead, it does appear to have what Im looking for. Has anyone used the Dt770-80 unamped vs amped? Does it make a night and day difference?? -- My Grados get loud enough from both the ipod and my computer, and I was kinda hoping to experience the same thing with the Beyers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man...DO NOT knock the SR80's.

If they had wood cups and cost $500 more, I think a lot of people would still be happy with them. Maybe moreso.

Aug 30, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #32 of 33
Yes, keep the Grados for listening in a quieter environment. They allow so much noise to enter from outside that often many details of the music gets lost. And try to never increase the volume of your headphones to compensate the outside noise - if you do so, you might very well suffer from hearing damage. A good, closed pair of headphones is the way to go.

I wonder why didn't anyone suggest Sony MDR-V6? I am not sure how their sound compares to the Grado sound, because I've never heard it, but it's a very good pair of closed headphones and some stores carry them around ~$70.

Anyway, I see that you've already placed your order. Hope you'd have a nice experience with them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, keep the Grados for listening in a quieter environment. They allow so much noise to enter from outside that often many details of the music gets lost. And try to never increase the volume of your headphones to compensate the outside noise - if you do so, you might very well suffer from hearing damage. A good, closed pair of headphones is the way to go.

I wonder why didn't anyone suggest Sony MDR-V6? I am not sure how their sound compares to the Grado sound, because I've never heard it, but it's a very good pair of closed headphones and some stores carry them around ~$70.

I've sorta gotten the impression that the V6 isn't horribly far away from Grados in over-all presentation, but unfortunately, from what I think I understand, the isolation isn't all that different either.
frown.gif

Well; I guess it IS better of course in isolation, but it isn't really all that great.

....I hope I'm wrong.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back