Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Since it's a smaller version of the Melos, you could simply name it "Mel"
very_evil_smiley.gif

Or Mini Mel...

Dec 3, 2002 at 11:38 PM Post #17 of 35
Maybe my pet name for it can be Mel
wink.gif

I am leaning towards the SHA-0 but I would like to know what SHA means. Headphones Amp is pretty straight forward, but what does the S stand for?

Dec 3, 2002 at 11:44 PM Post #18 of 35
unless i am incorrect: studio headphone amplifier

i'd go with moo's idea and something like: SHA-gadelic or something, although i don't really like the way the SHA- thing looks. all lower-case would be much better.
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2002 at 12:36 AM Post #19 of 35
melos SHA-PRE

Get it? Its a minus sign and its a minus the preamp cause yours is minus the preamp part in ur amp cause its not regular so the name is not regular cause its got a pre instead of a 1!

Biggie.

Dec 4, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #25 of 35
Is it a boy or a girl???

Dec 4, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #26 of 35
I really want to thank all the suggestions so far. I'm glad this is generating some interest as well. Since the Melos line of amps has been well regarded, I figured it would be fun to come up with something with the input of fellow members. I think I will offer a cd as a prize for the person who offers the best suggestion which either influences me the most or I choose theirs outright.

Dec 4, 2002 at 5:09 AM Post #29 of 35
I still think SHA-0 is the most logical choice, but barring that, Jude's suggestion of SHA-X seems best. You're not designing a new product, and however many of these prototype models there are, there aren't going to be any more made. SHA-0 and best identifies these headphone amps as they are the predecessors to the well-known SHA-1; to give it a different name implies that it has no connection to the SHA-1, or in any case, people won't know what you're talking about when you mention it! If you mention SHA-0, even if people don't know about this discussion, they may very well guess that it's a Melos headphone amp that came before the SHA-1.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back