Help me name my Melos!
Dec 2, 2002 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
So I have this really unique amp that seemingly is not simply a SHA-1 without the pre. Although there are similarities, its internals are unique and will soon be modded by the Master. This amp was never given a proper name and so I have been calling it the Melos Melos. I most often refer to it as the Prototype Melos, or the Headphone only Melos; however, I would very much like to have a name for this beast. We have the Maestrobator which carlo has created, and as he will be fixing mine up, I figure we should all come up with something catchy as well.

So let those suggestions come!

Dec 2, 2002 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 35
You should keep it simple -- call it Yohan's Melos since mrbeanyohan of Headwize owned it a while ago. The poor guy now has tinnitus -- that's why he sold off all of his headphone gear.
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 35
Melos Zanth-1?

Dec 2, 2002 at 9:52 PM Post #6 of 35
DanG: This is not the one Yohan owned...as far as the seller is concerned. He said he is the first and only owner other than Mr. Melos and myself.

Maybe Yohan can let me know otherwise?

I like the Melos Zanth-1
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 35
Hm, I remember Yohan claimed that his was the only one made. Maybe he was wrong? Or maybe he's the founder of Melos in disguise?
wink.gif

Alright, how about the Melos SHA-0? Or even better, the Melos SHA-0.1?

Dec 2, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 35
Hmmm, well maybe this is not the same thing Yohan had? Or...he did own it and he was the owner of the High-Fi shop my seller bought it from? I believe my seller to be an honest man, so I don't want to say he is dishonest, thus I believe he is the only owner other than Mr. Melos.

SHA-0....not bad at all
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2002 at 3:04 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
call it "testicle" if you like it that much.

Howcome I instantly knew it was you when I read that reply?
rolleyes.gif

- Zanth... The Melos SHA - Æ!!!

Dec 3, 2002 at 4:15 PM Post #13 of 35
I vote for the SHA-0 suggestion.

Dec 3, 2002 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by MooGoesTheCow
melos sha-g

yeah baby, yeah!

LOL!!

I thought of EXACTLY that name!!!

Users who are viewing this thread