help me mod my eggo d33
Jan 20, 2006 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lopsang

New Head-Fier
I recently bought the sony eggo d33 from a head-fier, with the intention of using it as my "every-day beater phone". About the sound... I never heard the d22s but from what im reading im guessing they both sound very similar.... except the d33s come with a much nicer headband. So in spirit of all things head-fi, im going to be doing a driver swap. problem is that i have yet to locate a suitable driver for the swap.

Any ideas for a cheap donor headphone? Ive seen koss being mentioned alot but seems like the 40mm drivers have a hard time fitting inside the housing/cup, and the driver had to be glued/taped on... I would like a more permanent solution. seems like 30mm drivers aren't loved by many here, and im having a hard time finding my sacrificial lamb.

Thanks for looking!

Feb 22, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 5
Sorry to hi-jack this thread but on a related note - I have a set of Eggo D33's that are in a sorry state. As they still sound good it should be worth while renovating them but they need new ear pads, both have come appart and lost thier padding, and the wire at the 90degree plug is has lost its outer covering. The wire could be sorted by fitting a new plug but where might I source new ear pads for them?

Any help appreciated.

Feb 22, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy80F
Sorry to hi-jack this thread but on a related note - I have a set of Eggo D33's that are in a sorry state. As they still sound good it should be worth while renovating them but they need new ear pads, both have come appart and lost thier padding, and the wire at the 90degree plug is has lost its outer covering. The wire could be sorted by fitting a new plug but where might I source new ear pads for them?

Any help appreciated.

Audiocubes.com has both leather d77 pads and cloth d66 pads.

Both will fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back