Help me insert my Zu mobius SE cable into my HD-650
Jun 24, 2008 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ttvetjanu

1000+ Head-Fier
Title says it all. I don't know how to insert the cable into my headphone, please help me. It seems to me MUCH tighter than the stock cable and I am afraid I will use too much force and break something. Either my headphones/cable is very wierd or there is something seriously wrong(or stupid) with me.

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #2 of 5
you just plug them in.
one thing to check is the positions of the pins. each connector has two pins and theyre different sizes in diameter. for the right side of the headphones, the thinner pin should be in front. for the left side, the thicker pin should be in front.
if thats not the problem, i'd say something is wrong with the connectors of your zu mobius.

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 5
I ended up having to scrape off some material (using a knife)inside the connecting part of the headphones as it appears that the connector was slightly too large/wide. It is still a tight fit but atleast I dont have to struggle everytime I decide to remove/insert the cable.

Great sounding cable BTW!

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #4 of 5
I made the mistake of inserting one of the sides incorrectly, and listening that way for a week. I immediately thought something was wrong, but I thought I had inserted it correctly. But I hadn't, and my faith in my ears was restored.

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #5 of 5
I refuse to tell anyone how to insert anything. Ask kirosia.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back