Help me ID this tune ...
Jul 23, 2002 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

kerelybonto

doo-di-doo-di-dum doo-di-dum doo-di-doo-di-dum
There's an interesting song that Radio Free Europe (Russian Language) uses as background music that I want to know the name of -- assuming it has a name and isn't just their theme song or something.

So anyway, it goes like this -- doo-di-doo-di-dum, doo-di-dum, doo-di-doo-di-dum. No, really, here's a clip ... unfortunately I lost part of my recording so I only have the end. I'll try to get more of it later.

Thanks.

kerelybonto

Jul 23, 2002 at 11:27 PM Post #7 of 16
This "sounds" like a software error
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Peter.

Jul 24, 2002 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 16
Well, at least someone thinks it's funny. But, damn it, I am going to get this stupid thing to work!

Check out my almost worthless website and see if you can get one of the files to download. Pretty sure my host just isn't letting people download the sound files, but who knows? -- they always used to let me do things like that.

If anyone knows how I can stream the audio, let me know.

kerelybonto

Jul 24, 2002 at 11:43 PM Post #9 of 16
hmmmm, not really sure. I THINK it might be DUB-I-DUB(I think that's it), or it might be butterfly by smile.dk.

Of course, both of those songs are on dance dance revolution, which is the only reason I HAVE a guess. . .

oh yeah, I went to your site and downloaded the song just fine. . .

Jul 25, 2002 at 4:24 AM Post #10 of 16
andrezjpw, you're not ****ting me are you? The clips still come up as 404s for me, and I even cleared my temporary internet files and history.

The song is a classical piece, though, not techno. It's pretty upbeat and I only caught the last few seconds of it in that clip -- if people are really able to download it, though, I'll catch a better recording of it ... RFE/RL uses it as a background to a news item or something, so it only comes on infrequently.

kerelybonto

Jul 25, 2002 at 6:33 PM Post #14 of 16
Oh my goodness. Since when is the internet case-sensitive? Well, anyway, that was the infinitely confounding problem.

So, now you can visit my almost worthless site and help me out. I only have a 4.7s clip of the end of the song up, but now that I know I can get the clips to download, I'll record a better segment.

kerelybonto

Jul 26, 2002 at 2:54 AM Post #15 of 16
Somehow I wandered into this thread. I heard the clip and have no idea what it is. It sort of sounds like the kind of music you'd hear in a European commercial, though, as opposed to traditional classical music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back