Help me find some IEM's for under $60 based on these factors
Feb 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

elmg

New Head-Fier
1. I listen to all genres but primarily Hip Hop & R&B (I like some kind of spacey experimental R&B)
2. The headphones need to have at least a 1 year warrantee so if they stop working I can return them
3. Y cord, not J
4. Good enough isolation so if I am on a loud school bus I won't hear the bus/radio/people

Based on this, what headphones do you think would be best for me? Thanks a lot!

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #6 of 10
The JVC FX3X, Sony XB60EX, Harmen Kardon earphones and JVC FXT90 are recommended. 

Thanks, I had the cheaper version of those JVC FX3X before and they stopped working after like 2 months. Do you have any idea what the warrantee is for them on amazon? I'm gonna check out the others you suggested now. What do you think of the Klipsch S4's?

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
Thanks, I had the cheaper version of those JVC FX3X before and they stopped working after like 2 months. Do you have any idea what the warrantee is for them on amazon? I'm gonna check out the others you suggested now. What do you think of the Klipsch S4's?

They isolate quite well, and have a pretty decent low end that is the focus of the signature. The bass is quite big in quantity (mostly mid-bass, not very impressive sub-bass), which bleed into the midrange and have potential to veil the mids. As a result, the mids are warm and not that clean. However, it is fine for the price. The major dealbreaker of the S4 for me is definitely the treble end. It doesn't extend very well and is quite low in sparkle, and to make matters worse, the unevenness creates and accentuates sibilance. I largely prefer the GR06 to the S4.

As long as the earphones were purchased from amazon.com directly, JVC should honor its warranty policy. I have not ever experienced a JVC product breaking down, so I can't vouch for the company's reliability.

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #8 of 10
They isolate quite well, and have a pretty decent low end that is the focus of the signature. The bass is quite big in quantity (mostly mid-bass, not very impressive sub-bass), which bleed into the midrange and have potential to veil the mids. As a result, the mids are warm and not that clean. However, it is fine for the price. The major dealbreaker of the S4 for me is definitely the treble end. It doesn't extend very well and is quite low in sparkle, and to make matters worse, the unevenness creates and accentuates sibilance. I largely prefer the GR06 to the S4.

As long as the earphones were purchased from amazon.com directly, JVC should honor its warranty policy. I have not ever experienced a JVC product breaking down, so I can't vouch for the company's reliability.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back