Help me deciding: Sennheiser MX470 vs MX760
Mar 10, 2011 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bokeron

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody.

I'm about to buy one of these two from Sennheiser, MX470 or MX670.
They cost just the same, and though the 470 are new and apparently improved the 760 were really good ones not so far ago. I haven't used them before, so... i need your help deciding wich one to buy. I'm not asking wich one is better. I'm simply asking wich one would you buy, given the choice.

Would you please share your oppinion about this decision and the pros & cons that, from your point of view, each of them have.

(There's a poll... but if you feel like explaining your oppinion more thoroughly, I'd love to read it)

Thank you :)

Mar 10, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 9
If you can find it, the 760 is more accurate sounding than the 470.  If you compared the two, you would find the 470 is too thick and slightly muddy in midrange, and not as much sparkle in the trebles.  The 470 is very comfortable, however.

If you decide for the 760 but can't find one, consider the MX-580.  I haven't heard it, but some reviews put it as equal with or maybe slightly better than the 760.

Mar 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 9
Assuming that the MX470 (which I don't own) sounds more or less like the MX580 (which I have), I would choose the MX760 as I prefer its soundstage and signature over the more mid-centric MX470.  The MX580 has a more cohesive sound with forward mids, but I still choose the MX760 for its headphone-like presentation.  I have to point out though that the MX760 has a two-piece cable (0.6m + 1.0m extension) and the buds themselves are on the large side so they may not be for everybody.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 9
Hi.

Thanks for answering, kmhaynes & kjk1281.
It seems people was too uninsterested in helping me, so I really value the time both of you took to explain your answers. I do appreciate it.

I'll go for the 760. For the price I'm paying it would be nonsense not to try them, and your info has finally convinced me of it.

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Hi.

Thanks for answering, kmhaynes & kjk1281.
It seems people was too uninsterested in helping me, so I really value the time both of you took to explain your answers. I do appreciate it.

I'd suppose it has more to do with the Earbud fan club's limited membership in head-fi than any disinterest or unwillingness to help. Hope you enjoy your MX760 :)

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 9
If you can't find a used MX-760 (beware: there are fakes on ebay.sg, btw), you might have to check into the new MX-580/581.  It is supposed to be close to the MX-760. 

I also have the MX-471, and it is close to the older MX-560 -- more mid-centered, less treble sparkle, less bass extension compared to the MX-760.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back