Help me decide! Weston, Etymotic, Logitech, Shure?
Nov 21, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #31 of 46
Get the TF10s when they are on offer. It's a serious no brainer. The fit issues I think are highly exaggerated and theres always the option of the flip mod so they don't stick out. I have small ears and use small Sony hybrid tips with no troubles.

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #32 of 46

Quote:
Get the TF10s when they are on offer. It's a serious no brainer. The fit issues I think are highly exaggerated and theres always the option of the flip mod so they don't stick out. I have small ears and use small Sony hybrid tips with no troubles.

How do these compare to Etymotic HF5s?

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #34 of 46

Quote:
They have different sound signatures. The TF10 is fun whereas HF5 is neutral.

Oh. Are the TF10's are better at better?
I didn't wanna hijack the other thread, lol.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #35 of 46

Quote:
gahhhh or should i get the Sony MDR-EX600?!

Does that one just have one dynamic driver too?

my suggestion is to buy one or two phones from amazon.com, try them out and return the ones you dislike, or buy a used pair from the classified section of headfi (find it at a good/average price) and see if it is to your tastes, audio and audio gear in general is very specific to the user. 
tf10 for clarity/fun sound (and detail) (slightly recessed vocals, possible fit issues)
westone 3 for bass/fun sound (and detail)
dba-02 for clarity, detail (balanced sound, equal in all ranges, bit light on bass)
hf2/er4p/s for detail and clarity (equal in all ranges, light on bass)

I'm not going to comment too much on how each one sounds anymore since there is always a conflict arising from doing so, but I think most would agree

not sure about the UE700 or the 315 though

read up on ljokerls comparison thread, read the reviews, the number rankings dont tell a lot 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-205-iems-compared-j-phonic-k2-sp-added-11-13-11

Nov 23, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #36 of 46

Quote:
Where are you located? If you are in America the westone 3 and the TF10 can be had for half your quoted prices on amazon.com.

please tell me where I could get some TF10's for $100 so I can scoop some up

Nov 23, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #37 of 46

Quote:
please tell me where I could get some TF10's for $100 so I can scoop some up

well, the story behind the $100 tf10 was that last year, or two years back, amazon.com had a black friday sale so the tf`10's were $100, quickly snatched up but you can find them for $130 ish on headfi (used of course)

the westone 3 go for about $270 new usually, just google westone 3 

Nov 23, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #38 of 46
Thanks I might look up some used ones

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #41 of 46
Very good IMO. The TF10s are very musical and have the same sound signature as most consumer earphones but with added clarity, detail and control.

Unless one has a preference for the neutral and flat, the TF10s are pretty dam good.

Quote:
Sry, this didn't make sense.

Are the TF10s any good at rock?

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #44 of 46
I think it depends a lot what kind of music you listen to and in what situation you are planning to use them.

Ety ER4s have amazing isolation and are fantastic for classical/jazz, but some may find them uninvolving for other genres (personally I think they're great). TF10s are more fun for Pop/Rock etc and have more bass, but isolation is not quite as good and they are less 'honest'.

Can't comment on the others. But it is definitely worth forking out a little extra cash to get something good.

Nov 24, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #45 of 46
I agree but it has to be said with decent powerful amplification the ETY's love all music. I can listen to eminem and hear the deep bass with the ETY's but it sounds awful without decent amplification, likewise Wagnerian opera's are incredible as long as the ETY's are amped well, they truly are a headphone for all seasons as long as the chain is good that feeds them. I think it fair to say think of them as full sized home headphones rather than portable ones, with that frame of mind you will 'get' them fully.

On the rare occasions I don't take my portable system with me, just my iPad then the triple.fi's are perfect. As to comments about giant killers being better, hmm, not in my experience.

I remember seeing an opiniated idiot from up here on you tube once going on about how his dollar store buds performed the same as more expensive stuff.. He was comparing them to dre buds mind! I had Denon's before the ety's and triples, they were great for the price but I could never go back to them.. Having said that the law of diminishing returns does have greater effect as you go up the line I have found. From what I have hear of JH's admittedly with universal tips I could never justify the extra thousand bucks for the minimal improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back