Help me decide or recommend me DAC/Amp for my PC
Oct 22, 2017 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Exill

Head-Fier
Hello everyone...

I plan to buy a decent sounding dac/amp for my PC.
So far i've been looking at Fulla 2 but then i discover cayin n3 which have a usb dac function.
I like warm sounding sound signature and i heard that chip that those two use have that signature.

Cayin n3 is a dap so certainly it has an advantage as i can use it for portable dap. On other hand fulla 2 is just dac/amp combo.

If i can cayin and fulla 2 in practically same price which should i go?
Which one has a better SQ?

Or i just save up a bit more and wait for shanling m3s to come to my country?
Is the SQ compared to cayin n3 justified the extra spend?

Please help me decide... Any advice really appreciate.

Thank you before hand!
Cheers!

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 15
schiit gungnir multibit

I am sorry it seem I am not tell my budget specifically... My budget limit is around 200 usd.. Gugnir kinda Stretch my budget too far.

And it seem i can't seem to find it in indonesia.. Importing is out of question because the tax is just ridiculous.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 15
I am sorry it seem I am not tell my budget specifically... My budget limit is around 200 usd.. Gugnir kinda Stretch my budget too far.

And it seem i can't seem to find it in indonesia.. Importing is out of question because the tax is just ridiculous.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
whats the tax in indonesia? do you mean import fee or actual tax

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 15
Oct 23, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #6 of 15
So far i've been looking at Fulla 2 but then i discover cayin n3 which have a usb dac function.
I like warm sounding sound signature and i heard that chip that those two use have that signature.

Cayin n3 is a dap so certainly it has an advantage as i can use it for portable dap. On other hand fulla 2 is just dac/amp combo.

Fulla2 has waaaaaaay more power, and AFAIK it's the most powerful USB-powered DAC-HPamp out there, even more powerful than practically all the DAP with USB DAC functions. It uses separate USB port for power though, so check how much current your USB charger needs to provide (AFAIK it might need 2000mA).

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 15
Fulla2 has waaaaaaay more power, and AFAIK it's the most powerful USB-powered DAC-HPamp out there, even more powerful than practically all the DAP with USB DAC functions. It uses separate USB port for power though, so check how much current your USB charger needs to provide (AFAIK it might need 2000mA).

I see so fulla2 should be able to drive more demanding headphone better then?

How about the sound which one have a better sound quality?

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #9 of 15
Hello everyone...

Thank you before hand!
Cheers!

Hai exill, greeting from Jakarta Indonesia,
I have Cayin N3, and if you stay in Jakarta, you can audition at dontblameyourears shop at semanggi,..
About N3: im happy with N3, its very versetile device, you can use BT as Dac for your phone, Dac for your comp, small Dap on the go, and HiByLink is great features,
Sound wise: you need auditon, as we migh have different preference, its small tilt to warm side, and smooth, detailed and wide soundstage,its more relaxed to listen, and remember when you audition you can set digital filter to understand SQ, I personally like Super Slow, or Short Delay Slow.

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #10 of 15
Hello everyone...

Thank you before hand!
Cheers!

Check this thread, if you want a solution that is both cheap and good quality :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/brookstone-big-blue-bluetooth-amplifier-dac-amp-really.857055/page-3

Maybe not easy to find , because most have sold out , but if you do find it I do recommend it.
Sound is good , even compared to Chord Mojo!
And versatile!
Looks plasticky and cheap , but the inside works well.

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #11 of 15
Compared to that DAP, yes.

Well if you're clipping or distorting on the N3 then it'll be the Fulla2.

Fulla 2 is more expensive in here it seems.. around 150 USD.. Is that still recommended in that price?

Hai exill, greeting from Jakarta Indonesia,
I have Cayin N3, and if you stay in Jakarta, you can audition at dontblameyourears shop at semanggi,..
About N3: im happy with N3, its very versetile device, you can use BT as Dac for your phone, Dac for your comp, small Dap on the go, and HiByLink is great features,
Sound wise: you need auditon, as we migh have different preference, its small tilt to warm side, and smooth, detailed and wide soundstage,its more relaxed to listen, and remember when you audition you can set digital filter to understand SQ, I personally like Super Slow, or Short Delay Slow.

If i decided to buy N3, I already planning to buy it from dontblameyourears actually.
However, unfortunately I don't have time to auditioned it. I like warm side, but not too warm too, quite neutral if possible.

Check this thread, if you want a solution that is both cheap and good quality :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/brookstone-big-blue-bluetooth-amplifier-dac-amp-really.857055/page-3

Maybe not easy to find , because most have sold out , but if you do find it I do recommend it.
Sound is good , even compared to Chord Mojo!
And versatile!
Looks plasticky and cheap , but the inside works well.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think there are still available in amazon and in a quite good price. But unfortunately I can't find it at the local store here. I probably need to do some research about it first.

Anyways thanks for all the inputs so far!
It is really helpful !

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #12 of 15
Fulla 2 is more expensive in here it seems.. around 150 USD.. Is that still recommended in that price?

If you really want a cheap USB-powered DAC-HPamp, then your only other option is the E10K, so check the price for that. Note that it probably doesn't even have more power than that DAP you're looking at, or not much more.

Oct 27, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 15
If you really want a cheap USB-powered DAC-HPamp, then your only other option is the E10K, so check the price for that. Note that it probably doesn't even have more power than that DAP you're looking at, or not much more.

what do you think about ifi nano idsd?

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #14 of 15
what do you think about ifi nano idsd?

In my opinion, I'd skip that (cause to me it's not worth the price) and go extra mile to iDSD Micro Black edition as that is a great sounding DAC in its price range. If you can find one used for 20% less than retail, I suggest to demo it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back