Help me decice se530....
Apr 25, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only commonality on ALL SE530 threads is VOLTAG3. I wonder why????

He loves his Shure SE530's that's why...
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...You can EQ the treble and raise the volume to bring out the highs a bit more if you want though.

Now that's funny.
tongue.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #21 of 35
Btw, it's true, every 530 thread ends up all flame-warish. I think it's because the 530's are so popular, some people are beginning to loathe them, just like the PC people loathe Macs. Stop it, the 530's are great. Like mark said, among the Big 4, it's just whichever one is to your liking.

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so tired of seeing every SE530 thread turning into a circus.

No. It's one guy that insists not so much that it is his favorite IEM but that SE530 trumps every other IEM ever made. THIS is what causes the trouble in the threads. Quantifying this more as fact than his opinion.

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. It's one guy that insists not so much that it is his favorite IEM but that SE530 trumps every other IEM ever made. THIS is what causes the trouble in the threads. Quantifying this more as fact than his opinion.

Correct. That's why my next audio upgrade WILL NOT be another universal IEM.

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's one guy that insists not so much that it is his favorite IEM but that SE530 trumps every other IEM ever made.

If you guys all know that, why bother arguing?

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Because their retards who can't simply ignore someone. It's funny though...

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

X2 its getting really, really boring. dont feed the animals

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewmeister
I dont think any of the top tier universals are good values. If you want to upgrade, either drop the dime for some customs (dont need to be UE11, sleek audio customs and livewires are both highly admired) that way you get better craftsmanship, materials, fit, isolation, longevity, and SQ for your buck. Rather than the slight SQ increase you get between universals. The Er6i or low enough that i can safely recommend and upgrade to something like the pfe, UE 5, UM2, turbine, and feel like it was worth the money.
It is my opinion that upgrading to the SE530 or Westone 3 will be much better than er6, but for 150 you could get almost as vast an improvement, and when you want a REAL upgrade (customs) you'll regret havin spent 3-400 on the intermediate step rather than 1-200

EDIT: FYI I have not heard the Westone 3 yet, but unless it is amazingly better my opinion stands

well i'm afraid I have to respectfully disagree with this completely; not only can all the top 4 be had for significantly less than $400, but not everyone is biding there time to get full customs. IMO its the baby steps in between that are a waste of money. all these have great resale value as well and being a significant upgrade to the etys. plus IMO any of these paired with UM56 will yield a result that is not only comparable to the cheaper customs, but you can still flip them for a new upgrade somewhere down the path like I have just doine to get UM3X. I have had triples, SE530 (still have them and regularly still use them) westone 3 (just flipped) now i'm upgrading to full customs (ES3X or the new offerings from JH Audio) but I do not regret the step to the highest rung universals as I will still hang onto the SE530 to use when I dont feel like full customs of somewhere I dont feel like bringing a grand worth of IEM with me.

so to the OP: the SE530 is a very natural sounding IEM and the midrange is unbeaten amongst its competitors; the W3 absolutely does not have better mids, it has more low bass and treble energy. vocals and rock on SE530 are to die for and extended periods of listening are more possible on them as well. W3 is better for electronic music and perhaps classical, as it has better extension and layering, soundstage on SE530 is ever so slightly deeper too. so for most of my music I prefer W3, but for some tracks theres just no beating the SE530. the highs on teh shures are actually quite nice, they are a little lower in volume (and therefor apparent detail), but its all there especially with the modded triflange or gels, as well as UM56 of course. I feel that a lot of the bloat in bass that people speak of is caused by the black foams, which IMO have that effect on anything. bass control and extension at both ends can be further improved with the right amp, but that is beyond the scope of you post.

so I dont think you can go wrong with the upgrade, the PFE are supposed to be very good as well, but I havent heard them; however DO NOT ORDER A BLACK PAIR, as they are faulty.

everything ^^ is IMO; I get sick of putting that after every comment, surely its a given that since i'm saying it, it's my opinion. I do not profess to be a god

Apr 25, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #30 of 35
Phonak has some issues to sort out w/ production, but I've been comparing my pfe's to my se530s for a few days, and I can very openly & honestly say that the pfe's sound better... period.

The SE530's have nice mids, but they can often sound harsh in terms of sibilance, and, in general the coloration of these headphones is far from natural. Cloudy & overpowered are the only words I can use to describe them. In comparison, the PFE's are probably the most natural & realistic iem's I've heard. Plus, you don't have to crank up the volume on the PFE's to make any extra drivers light up, possibly damaging your hearing in the process. The PFE's sound great quiet or loud. Honestly, if you like your ety's and are looking for a rational upgrade from them, I would steer clear of the 530's and try some pfe's. The 530's just have a completely different vibe than anything that would ever resemble an ety. Even the triple.fi's would be a more logical upgrade from the er6's than the se530s. Just my humble opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back