1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Help me.... Custom IEM vs Universal IEM..........In India!

1. ananthu
    First and foremost ....I know that there are many similar threads and I am sorry for posting another ....but some of my questions are not the usual ones I find here.......!Also sorry for the long post!

So....I am a college student from India.I love music,but haven't had a lot of exposure to high end audio.But cause of my love for music I went out and bought a Galaxy S I9000 
    cause of its wolfson DAC(I can't afford a good DAP and a phone)But my earphones are a pair of Creative EP-630...they are decent...but I want to go up market!

I have been saving up for a pair of Shure SE 215s and now that I have enough , I will get it from the USA cause my uncle lives there and they are very expensive here....But now I am confused ...If I save up more I can get a JH5 pro which I know are a lot better....But would any audiologist be able to make the ear impressions? Also...I have never heard Balanced Armature's before and heard that they lack bass...... I am not a bass head and prefer  the mid range.But I just don't know enough to decide.....I am satisfied by the EP-630's bass(only quantitatively).So will the JH match it in quantity?My source won't change till I get out of college......!

So the real question is.....Should I go for the much cheaper Shures or a custom IEM....I don't want to spend any thing more than $ 200 on universals........They have to last at least 3 years till I settle down after college.....And can I pay for the JH using my Indian Visa Debit card? and will they deliver it in India as well or should I send the molds to my uncle and get him to do all the ordering.....Please help me........!