Help me compliment my new HD 800
Mar 24, 2013 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dillan

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok so I'm going to upgrade my current system. Basically I swap back and forth from my hd 650's to my ultrasone pro 900's. My setup with these headphones are my computer -> schiit bifrost -> schiit asgard. I'm making my way up the summit. I'm going to order a pair of hd 800's tomorrow and Im willing to put another $1000 dollars into my system on top of that to really make them shine. What should I replace? I was kind of thinking of a schiit lyr and a ps audio power box. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #2 of 5
Actually what I'm really leaning toward is just putting the full grand into a nice tube amp like the woo audio wa2. Just don't want the bifrost to be too big of a bottleneck in such a case.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 5
The Bifrost will not let your WA2 down if you do decide to get one, but personally, I suggest you try the HD800 with your current system then adjust it. I also suggest you try the HD800 in full balance mode. It is phenominal.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the advice, I really wish there were meets in Tennessee. It surprises me there aren't any decent headphone shops around Nashville aka "Music City USA". Because right now I'm going off of hours and hours and hours of reviews and reading. My research hasn't let me down yet, the head fi community is so great I can't even explain. I've thought of a lot of options and I'll probably end up keeping the bifrost and getting a wa2.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #5 of 5
the WA2 is the perfect 1000$ tube amp for the HD 800s.  it will take them to the next level coming from the asgard, the bifrost would still be a great dac to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back