Help me chose a new knife (I'm torn)
Mar 22, 2006 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, I have a b-day around the corner and the wife is asking for ideas. I've wanted a Microtech for a while now and have narrowed it down to one of these three. Which one should I get?? Also should I get plain or partially serrated?

Ultratech II
ut2dd.jpg

Halo II
halo2tac.jpg

Halo III
halo3tactical.jpg

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 53
I know nothin bout knives, so I'll go off aesthetics. Halo II looks cool, though the others have their selling points.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #5 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Halo II looks coolest to me, so that's what I voted.

Ditto.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 53
I just checked the price on those things . . . damn.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 53
I'm no knife expert, but I would choose the H.A.L.O. II w/ plain edge. It would be nice to have serrated edge, but I would think you could get by without it. The blade is slightly thicker than the Ultratech, but there's nothing wrong with extra strength and support. The tanto blade is probably more tactical and less utility, because the angular tip allows greater impact when thrusting or stabbing. From what I understand, S30V steel is more durable than the 154 CM steel on the Ultratech blade.

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #11 of 53
I carried one of these for years until a cop buddy told me my state measure ALL sharpened edges when determining legal length (3.5 inches or it is a felony charge
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
).

Very tidy,low profile,black blade so no blade flash,releases like a cobra strike and whether strapped handle down on the wrist or tucked into a belt band with the handle sticking up (concealed weapons laws
rolleyes.gif
) jumps to hand fast and is not ugly before that

5803w.jpg

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #12 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
I carried one of these for years until a cop buddy told me my state measure ALL sharpened edges when determining legal length (3.5 inches or it is a felony charge
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
).

Very tidy,low profile,black blade so no blade flash,releases like a cobra strike and whether strapped handle down on the wrist or tucked into a belt band with the handle sticking up (concealed weapons laws
rolleyes.gif
) jumps to hand fast and is not ugly before that

5803w.jpg

I'm aware of the state laws but because of what I do for a living I have... privileges
wink.gif
so which one of the three I'm stuck on??

That Gerber is nice but justnot what I'm looking for.

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #13 of 53
Torn...knife...I get it. Next time, keep the knife away from cloth. :rimshot:
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #14 of 53
personally,if I had "priveledges" I would shoot to the Halo lll.Very nice feel to hand,kinda like a natural extension of
wink.gif

BTW-you should see my Claymore dude ! I imagine if I ever decide to go "postal" that is the one I would break out to make my point
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #15 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
personally,if I had "priveledges" I would shoot to the Halo.Very nice feel to hand,kinda like a natural extension of
wink.gif

BTW-you should see my Claymore dude ! I imagine if I ever decide to go "postal" that is the one I would break out to make my point
very_evil_smiley.gif

eek.gif

I was lucky enough to get my AR before the ban in 1999 so I would probably use that... and my .50 as a side arm
very_evil_smiley.gif
We need a gun thread!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back