Help me choose sub $100
Feb 17, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #16 of 28
The gr07 seems like a fine package. I'm weary of the 7k spike. It it can technically b dealt with. I'm more weary of the 180 on amazon :frowning2:

Any idea what the brainwavz sell for on amazon? I saw em for 100 euro on the uk amazon but they won't ship em lol. That'd only be 130ish US.

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #17 of 28

Quote:
The gr07 seems like a fine package. I'm weary of the 7k spike. It it can technically b dealt with. I'm more weary of the 180 on amazon :frowning2:

Any idea what the brainwavz sell for on amazon? I saw em for 100 euro on the uk amazon but they won't ship em lol. That'd only be 130ish US.

The 7k spike mellows out with burn in, and can be dealt with using foam tips. It's also what gives the drums that crispness, but it can be double-edged. I Think the Brainwavz were about $130 on amazon, and there was a deal on Amazon that was like B2+E11 for $180.

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #18 of 28
That's a good deal.

Is the bass decent on the dba2 and b2? That b2 seems worth waiting for considering my sound but I don't wanna just buy something thats near the same thing as the re0 for double the price.

Would the gr07 be a big step up from both in that regard?

Feb 17, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #19 of 28

Quote:
That's a good deal.
Is the bass decent on the dba2 and b2? That b2 seems worth waiting for considering my sound but I don't wanna just buy something thats near the same thing as the re0 for double the price.

I haven't heard the B2s (I considered them against the GR07s), but from what I've read, they not bass-oriented, but seem to have enough for some people. I recommend you check in a dedicated appreciation thread. The GR07s are more of a sidegrade, offering more bass body, but maybe at the expense of a bit of treble detail.

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #20 of 28

Quote:
That's a good deal.

Yes they are decent. The B2 isn't a bass-heavy IEM in any way, but the bass is satisfying. IMO, I really think the Audeo PFEs are better and one of the best (or even THE best) mid $100 IEM available.

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #22 of 28
From what i'm aware of, the only differnce between the numbers are the Phone and iPhone capabilities. I have the 112, which I later gave to my gf. She and I both love it and she uses the E11 with it as well. Conclusion: It is one great sounding product.

Feb 18, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #24 of 28
Well then looks like the running is this:
Brainwavs B2, Phonak PFE, GR07, RE0. All amazonable and reasonably can be purchased considering amazon credit.

Almost feels impossible to narrow one down and get them all compared adequately to each other.

Feb 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #25 of 28

Brainwavs B2, Phonak PFE, GR07, RE0. All amazonable and reasonably can be purchased considering amazon credit.

Almost feels impossible to narrow one down and get them all compared adequately to each other.

All very good IEMs! Best of luck

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #26 of 28

Quote:

Rereading your first post, it looks like you're looking for something non-fatiguing, which I think might be a slight strike against the B2s and maybe the RE0s. If you're not used to that sound signature, you might find it too treble-happy and bass-light. The GR07s and maybe the Phonaks (not sure) will give you a little more bass, while keeping it tight, and at the expense of a bit of detail. Personally, I'd say go for the GR07s, but then again, I'm biased. 
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #27 of 28

Quote:

Just to throw this out there...Be wary of purchasing RE0's off of Amazon. I got my pair roughly two years ago and just in the past couple of weeks, the left side cut out completely. From what I understand, this is not this first time this has happened from RE0's  with this seller on Amazon. Since I bought them through Amazon, Hifiman will not provide service to me. So...I'm stuck with my RE0 with one side that works. 

I'm currently trying to figure out what I am going to replace them with and also can only buy on Amazon due to credits as well. So best of luck to you. All I know is that as much as I loved my RE0's, I will not be buying them from anywhere but Head Direct next time.

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #28 of 28

Quote:
Just to throw this out there...Be wary of purchasing RE0's off of Amazon. I got my pair roughly two years ago and just in the past couple of weeks, the left side cut out completely. From what I understand, this is not this first time this has happened from RE0's  with this seller on Amazon. Since I bought them through Amazon, Hifiman will not provide service to me. So...I'm stuck with my RE0 with one side that works. 

I'm currently trying to figure out what I am going to replace them with and also can only buy on Amazon due to credits as well. So best of luck to you. All I know is that as much as I loved my RE0's, I will not be buying them from anywhere but Head Direct next time.

You can just purchase your re0s from head direct through amazon. Not sure if the amazon credit works that way though, it was actually a dollar cheaper for me buying it this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back