Help Me choose!!PLZ
Dec 18, 2007 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

HPIMTRACER

New Head-Fier
Hello, im looking for a pair of headphones for christmas, its probably not going to get here in time but who cares.
Question is whats the best headphone between 75.00-175.00 dollars that going to give me my lows mids and highs? i listen to alot of rap and a good amount of rock, so i need bass.
I read through the other reviews and googled what people thought were good headphones in my range but still not sure which ones or if there are still some out there that i have not looked up. I looked up the Sennheiser HD-555, Audio-Technica ATH-PRO5V, Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700SV, Audio Technica ATH-M50, Sony MDRV6, i also looked up alot of the Beyerdynamic ones but cant decide which ones are the best.

HELP!!! PLZ

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 14
You're going to want to give us a bit more info to help. For instance, are these for home use, portable, or both? Is sound isolation an issue (i.e., in a noisy environment or not wanting to have sound leak for others to hear)? What will be driving them, as both the power and the quality of the source can make a big difference in recommending whether a can will work well or if spending more for can X is worth it or not given your source?

If you have not already, you also might want to do a search of the forum for rap and rock.

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 14
Hard to say from the information you've given, but as a general rule the k81dj (AKG) and the DT770 (Beyerdynamic) are two good choices at 65$ and 150$ respectively. Both have good bass that you'll like and they isolate decently.

Dec 18, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 14
They are for home use and i will post them around on occasions but weight or bulky ness isn't really an issue for me. I will be using them mainly with my ipod and with my computer to play games when my roommate is sleeping..I will be listening to it during classes some times... so as long as its not just as loud on my ears as it is around me then im fine...

thanks

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #6 of 14
The HD-555 doesn't have a lot of bass, but what's there is very high quality. Once you get an amp, both bass quantity and quality will increase.

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #7 of 14
Get a cheap amp in the used forums and then a set of phones. I would also suggest looking into the MS1 or a Grado 80. I am not a grado fan, but the 80's have bass and are known for their rock abilities.

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #8 of 14
Grado's suck for rap (though I am a grado fan). He said he wants bass. Sure grado's do have bass, but i'm sure it's not what he is looking for. I'd still recommend either k81's or dt770's.

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #10 of 14
Thanks for all the suggestions... Which DT770 are you suggesting...I find 2 when i am searching one is about 170-200 and one (2005 edition) that i find no cheaper then 249.00 everywhere i look. I looked up the ATH-A9000's and there are out of my price range and i cant find them any cheaper then 249.00 also.

Are there any other headphones that you think my be worth looking up that fits my application use?

Dec 19, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #12 of 14
the dt770 pro80s are for 200 with free shippping from musciansfriend when i last checked. but they're back ordered till janurary.

i was in the same market like a couple days ago until i made my choice. except i was looking for something more portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back