Help me choose in ear workout headphones: budget $60-200
Jul 14, 2010 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sell224

New Head-Fier
So I've been doing research on in ear headphones for weeks and still haven't made up my mind.  I'm looking for headphones that:

1.  Fit very well and snug.  I will be running and working out with these headphones mostly.  Probably use them for biking to class as well.  Probably want the chord to go over the ear for a better fit, always had a lot of problems with headphones falling out of my ear, especially while running.

2.  In-ear, high quality sound and very good bang for buck.

3.  My budget is pretty broad.  Not sure if I should throw down $200 on workout headphones but I love my headphones, and haven't had a decent pair of IEM's since my HF 5's broke (sadness).

So far the Westone 2's are in the lead, though can't find them anywhere for less than like $250 :frowning2:.  I've looked at meleec m6, some shure's, the sennheiser series.  Not real satisfied with any of those but the w2's look pretty baller.

Thanks!

Jul 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Etymotic Mc5... similar sound to the Hf2, much better cable, probably the nicest I have owned. Blocks a considerable amount of noise. Metal housing, 2 yr warranty. Might be a little bass light, but not if you are used to the Hf5. $80

Jul 15, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 6
I have to say the UM1's that i had where very, very light, and they fitted very well. Sorry i can't comment on any of the other suggestions here, but i haven't tried them. 

I know it's a major down scale, but as 'headphones' go, the Koss porta pros are still the .... fitness headphone king IMO. however now the famous Koss headphones are now being counterfeited. 

Jul 15, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 6
+1 PortaPro... though they are not IEMs, they are great to exercise in!

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 6
Have you checked out our headphones?  Waterproof means sweatproof too...so great for the gym.  They've got good sound quality (you can even go balanced armature if you want) and multiple ear tip sizes for custom fit....just another pair to consider in your research :)

Dana
H2O Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back