Help me choose IEM
Apr 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Exill

Head-Fier
Hello, guys.

So I want to buy a new IEM for my collection.
I have searched around and interested in two IEM so far.

Brainwavz B400 and Ibasso IT01.

I know the 2 of those mostly have a different sound signature and also of course different price.

But what do you all recommend? Which one give a better wow factor to you guys?

Thanks!

Apr 20, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 16
none of them, get the Kanas Pro

Is kanas pro so much better than those two? I will really consider it then. Thanks for the input anyway. Really appreciate it.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #6 of 16
IIRC it's tuned to the harman target, should be a safe choice really if they're your first IEMs they will do many things right and few things wrong at their price point.

This is not my first IEM actually. I have some other. I really like GR07 BE. But I don't mind something different.

Do you like bass to be emphasized?

Well I don't have exact preference. As long as the bass isn't overloaded, I am fine with it.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #7 of 16
This is not my first IEM actually. I have some other. I really like GR07 BE. But I don't mind something different.

Well I don't have exact preference. As long as the bass isn't overloaded, I am fine with it.
Hmm. Well, if you are happy with the bass-emphasized GR07BE, you may actually prefer the IT01 over the Kanas Pro, which is probably the technically 'better' IEM. It's all about signature preference, though. You should try to get a listen to these IEMs if at all possible. Otherwise, I would urge you to go with the one that most suits your own personal sound signature preferences--whichever one that is. The GR07BE is definitely bass-emphasized. You should keep that in mind.

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #8 of 16
i agree with the post above, sound signature preference is more important than technicalities, my personal end-game headphone is the AD2000 non X, released in 2004. now there's a few headphones that get close to the mid-range reproduction but nothing is quite like it.

get whatever has a close tonality to the GR07BE, unless you want to try something totally different like a bright pair of IEMs or something completely natrual.

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #9 of 16
Hmm. Well, if you are happy with the bass-emphasized GR07BE, you may actually prefer the IT01 over the Kanas Pro, which is probably the technically 'better' IEM. It's all about signature preference, though. You should try to get a listen to these IEMs if at all possible. Otherwise, I would urge you to go with the one that most suits your own personal sound signature preferences--whichever one that is. The GR07BE is definitely bass-emphasized. You should keep that in mind.

Thanks for the warning. It might be however in my case I also enjoy cd900st quite a lot too.
And i think cd900st do not have so much bass let alone bass-emphasized.
Maybe you could say I like non fatigue IEM/Headphone.

I think I won't have the chance to listen to both IEM.
Anyways thanks for the heads up.

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #10 of 16
If you were interested in the IT01 you might consider the IT01s, which is a little more balanced than the V-shaped IT01. Have a read of Twister6's reviews and see what you think. You could pick up a pair of RHA T20 if you were all about that bass.

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #11 of 16
If you were interested in the IT01 you might consider the IT01s, which is a little more balanced than the V-shaped IT01. Have a read of Twister6's reviews and see what you think. You could pick up a pair of RHA T20 if you were all about that bass.

Interesting. Well, if I must choose, I like balance sound more than bass.
If IT01 is more balanced then maybe between IT01s or Kanas Pro.
Actually after FastAndClean mention it, I research a bit and right now I am inclined toward Kanas more.

i agree with the post above, sound signature preference is more important than technicalities, my personal end-game headphone is the AD2000 non X, released in 2004. now there's a few headphones that get close to the mid-range reproduction but nothing is quite like it.

get whatever has a close tonality to the GR07BE, unless you want to try something totally different like a bright pair of IEMs or something completely natrual.

I have Indonesia's CIEM Avara AV3 which I think quite on the bright side. I like it too.
I also have a more natural like cd900st. So I guess I do not mind something different either.
If Kanas Pro is similar to cd900st I might consider it even more. But I also heard so much good thing from IT01/s.
So I am confused of what to get. There are so many good IEM out there.

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #12 of 16
there are as many IEMs out there is there are stars, perhaps it's better to save up and go even higher, since you have bassy/natrual/bright IEMs i'd say you got your bases covered might as well save up and buy something with cleaner more resolving sound.

for me it's LS200 then straight up jump to campfire Andromeda, except i'm not interested in anymore IEMs at the moment and i need to save money for my PC upgrade, i guess i'm a bit of a bright head also heavily biased towards the audio technica weeb tuning sound signature.

Apr 20, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #14 of 16
there are as many IEMs out there is there are stars, perhaps it's better to save up and go even higher, since you have bassy/natrual/bright IEMs i'd say you got your bases covered might as well save up and buy something with cleaner more resolving sound.

for me it's LS200 then straight up jump to campfire Andromeda, except i'm not interested in anymore IEMs at the moment and i need to save money for my PC upgrade, i guess i'm a bit of a bright head also heavily biased towards the audio technica weeb tuning sound signature.

That is a very good suggestion. How much the difference between the jump? Is it very noticeable?
I think I will try the Andromeda after I moved to Japan.
Actually I like to play in low to mid end stuff since it is vary in quality so much in that section. The feeling to when found hidden gem is so much fun. But you might be right.
Maybe I need for once try more expensive high end stuff.

Hi, check out the FinalAudio E Series. esp the 4000 / 5000 models.

I actually thinking to buy E2000 before consider these two.
Sadly E4000/5000 model is hard to find in Indonesia. Last time I checked on Jaben is out of stock.

Apr 21, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #15 of 16
When you go to Japan, go to e-earphones.
I was there a few weeks ago and spent 7h over 3 visits listening to IEMs. Learned a lot.

I had the Kanas Pro (liked it) and left Japan with a pair of Sony EX800ST and JVC HA-FD02 each.
The EX800ST is amazing in clarity, openness, detail and bass quality if you keep the volume moderate.
The JVC (modded, too upper mid bright in stock) has a smooth, highly resolving sound, great timbre and extension from sub bass to high treble. That one I like to play loud occasionally, never gets fatiguing.
Replaced my KPE

If money is no issue you are in heaven at e-earphones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back