Help me choose headphones for movie watching and music on a flight
Mar 30, 2011 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rage3324

100+ Head-Fier
I have been out of the loop for awhile. Currently I have IEM for flights however they are starting to become uncomfortable on longer flights. Given the following criteria, what would be the best pair of headphones for me

Budget: $100 - ~$200 (will reach above if worth it) - Willing to buy used
Sound Quality: Prefer all around quality, but emphasis on movie watching as I can always pull out my IEMs. I enjoy great highs and balanced lows with good soundstage.
Music Pref: Hard Rock to Casual Rock to Electronic (Nine Inch Nails, Gorillaz, Foo Fighters, Talking Heads, Beatles, Daft Punk)
Portability: Being able to fold and put in a case is important
Color: No preference
Noise leakage: Min required
Noise Cancelling: Best possible but does not have to be powered

Currently I have:
Etymotic Research i6
Grado sr325i
Audio Technica a700

Thanks
John

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 9
How do those match up to the m50?

Mar 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 9
Based on the thread it looks like it is between the HD-580s and the Klipsch Image ones. Tough to get an accurate opinion on which is better in terms of sound quality and sound stage. Any thoughts? Also what is the difference between the 580s and the DJ 1s? I notice the DJ 1s come with a case which is nice..

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #7 of 9
They are not worth the $300 price tag. At $150, I'd consider them

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Based on the thread it looks like it is between the HD-580s and the Klipsch Image ones. Tough to get an accurate opinion on which is better in terms of sound quality and sound stage. Any thoughts? Also what is the difference between the 580s and the DJ 1s? I notice the DJ 1s come with a case which is nice..

HFI 580 is the same as DJ1 apart from the colour and that DJ1 has a coiled cord.  So DJ1 would be more suitable with the coil cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back