help me choose a portable audio player
Mar 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by boswd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't whether it was here or ABI I read but someone bought a 2G Clip+ on sale for $20 went out and bought an 8G Micro SD Card for something like $12.

So he got a 10G player that has one of the top audio chips on the market for around $32.

I love Sansa, LOL

Yeah it was here and that was me, I've got to admit though that I'm the UK so those prices were in £ stirling. Still, a raving bargain never the less and now I've rockboxed it I have only one word to describe the SQ.

AWESOME !

Mar 30, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastapro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ya i went on their website... i still don't understand exactly wut it does

reed teh manual. dat wil help. yootoobe has videohs of it playing doom and gameboy games on ipods and fuzes

Mar 30, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's an alternative firmware that essentially increases the options for the EQ.

It also provides true gapless playback that works 100% of the time, crossfading, balance options, applications (like a photo viewer; it actually works on the Clip+), games, and other cool stuff. Not to mention it gets updated daily to make it even more awesome.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by maporter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah it was here and that was me, I've got to admit though that I'm the UK so those prices were in £ stirling. Still, a raving bargain never the less and now I've rockboxed it I have only one word to describe the SQ.

AWESOME !

I thought it was here, nice job.
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastapro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the rockbox thing legal?

confused_face(1).gif
Yes, it's legal,..........or we wouldn't be allowed to discuss it without the site being shut down.
angry_face.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #26 of 32
Fwiw, I don't like the Clip SQ.

Thin and anaemic IMHO.......

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face(1).gif
Yes, it's legal,..........or we wouldn't be allowed to discuss it without the site being shut down.
angry_face.gif

It's perfectly legal, it's just really frowned upon by the company. Jailbreaking your iPod/iPhone is legal too but Apple doesn't want you to think that.

Mar 31, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also consider the Sony S or E series, as the SQ totally blows the Sansa lineup away.

False. Because both line ups are great, it boils down to external amps and headphones. Sony line up has better EQ than Sansa but that's about it.

Sony cons:

-Doesn't support FLAC or Vorbis
-Larger size isn't great since it's not specially made for video or pictures
-Overpaying in some cases

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by superpiper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought it sounded fine. The Clip+ sounds warmer than the original IMHO which is better to me. YMMV.

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by superpiper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now see when I first got it and used it with my phones I didn't think this. It sounds great with nice detail and everything but when using my T51 in the library today (brought all of my equipment to school for some reason) my T51 sounded fuller. I think it's because of the higher level of power that the T51 puts out; I had to lower the mids in the EQ more than with the clip as well (keep everything else flat).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back