Help me choose a game
Nov 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Clincher09

500+ Head-Fier
Alright guys, I'm having a major delema which is making my brain asplode. In a few hours I can either get Left 4 Dead 2 for $35 at Best Buy, or go to Gamestop and trade in 2 games and get CoD:MW2 for the same price. Which one is more worth my money, in terms of replay value? I want the game that won't feel repetitive after a while, but one that I can also have fun playing by myself. L4D2 looks really fun, but I've never played a L4D game before and it seems like if I'm don't have any friends on xbox live that it won't be as fun.

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 15
mw2 might get old if you don't do co op spec ops or play on live

i say get left 4 dead 2
either way, try and find a friend to play offline co op with either game.

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 15
TBH, L4D sucked, and I don't expect much more from a game on the same engine. L4D had no relevant storyline, and is downright horrible when playing without friends. The only fun that I had was with a friend whilst putting the characters in sexually suggestive positions, then making them say "yeah!" Graphics are horrible, don't expect that to change (same engine). I don't really know what gameplay has changed, but I've only heard of 2 new zombie-types, and heard nothing else.

MW2 is an excellent game. In general, I despise playing campaign in any game; however, MW2s campaign was engaging and very epic. The online maps are very fun, the multiplayer game is HUGE with tons and tons of unlockables. Spec Ops is pretty 'meh,' not that fun, but mildly entertaining.

Nov 27, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 15
L4D on console is a silly idea.

Get MW2. Has a big community, will be supported for a while and your probably used to being fed garbage anyway.

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 15
MW2 is great, I play it every day. I cancelled my preorder on L4D2 after I played the demo. Love the first one, hated the second one.

EDIT: Hey, 1000 posts, yeah.

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #7 of 15
I've been really liking MW2 on the PS3. The campaign is short but sweet, the Spec Ops are ridiculously intense/fun with friends, and the online mode is great. MW2 gets my vote ^^

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #8 of 15
Super Mario Bros. 3

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #9 of 15
Don't get MW2 if you plan on mostly playing singleplayer, the campaign is like four hours give or take.

EDIT: If you haven't tried Borderlands, it's pretty addictive as long as you don't care about plot or characterization.

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a chessboard.

I'm with him.
beerchug.gif

Nov 28, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMajestic2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cancelled my preorder on L4D2 after I played the demo. Love the first one, hated the second one.

My friend who played both the demo and the release game said that the demo wasn't as good as the actual game. And from what she's been saying makes me wonder why they didn't put out a better demo. Anyway, regardless on how good the demo represented the full game, I still like the 2nd game better then the original. So what part of the L4D2 demo didn't you like?

Nov 28, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get MW2 if you plan on mostly playing singleplayer, the campaign is like four hours give or take.

EDIT: If you haven't tried Borderlands, it's pretty addictive as long as you don't care about plot or characterization.

I'm not going to be playing mainly single player, I will be playing mostly multiplayer but there will be times where I am bored and will want something to play by myself.

Nov 28, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #15 of 15
MW2 since you're getting it for a console, otherwise I would recommend L4D2 hands down for PC.

MW2 on PC is useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back