HELP!!! IEM TIP STUCK IN INNER EAR!!!
Jul 16, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #16 of 47
How deep are we talking anyway?

Luckily for me whenever I put flanges in I can still grasp the outer edge of the "base" flange...

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #17 of 47
Well, I'm a little over two hours into sticking my head into boiling water so I thought I'd take it out for a moment and give you a report...after I finish posting on "shrunken headfi."

I went to the ER and did wait two hours but it was worth it to have the security of a doctor using his safe and sterile tool to pull out the sucker.

And I'm glad I posted on the forum. We're supposed to be a supportive community and I found it helpful to hear an assortment of ideas as I was under great stress.

Some of you may think this is all about gear and gab but I have formed some very fine friendships here on headfi. And asking for help and reaching out to others is a part of that.

Thanks everybody.

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #18 of 47
Well, you might let someone else try to pick it out with a tweezer.
If that don't work,visit the local medical centre/hospital.

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, you might let someone else try to pick it out with a tweezer.
If that don't work,visit the local medical centre/hospital.

Personally, I would not let another person stick something into my ear. If I could not get it out myself, I would find a qualified person e.g. doctor.

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #20 of 47
Good to hear you got it out. Any strange looks from anyone while you were there?

Jul 16, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #21 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I would not let another person stick something into my ear. If I could not get it out myself, I would find a qualified person e.g. doctor.

That would be the safest for sure.
But for all we know the tip are located far out in his ear channel, but he still are not bale to get him out on his own. Operating tweezer out of your sight range can be a bit difficult you know...

Jul 16, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be the safest for sure.
But for all we know the tip are located far out in his ear channel, but he still are not bale to get him out on his own. Operating tweezer out of your sight range can be a bit difficult you know...

Ah, ok. Hope you get it out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:20 AM Post #24 of 47
Now, that is good news!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #25 of 47
stand on your one feet & bend your head downwards and start jumping... due to inertia it will fall out.

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #26 of 47
Go see a doctor. Safety first my friend. Doctor may charge you $$$, in my case $300, but you know what? money can be replaced, ears cannot.

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #27 of 47
Didn't he get it out? Or did another thing get stuck?

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #29 of 47
Good, worry over! I am so glad you sought a DR's help!
Now of course you have to buy new IEM's as these were obviously faulty
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
:

Jul 16, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #30 of 47
On second thought, medical attention may be the best option afterall. Browsing some past threads, I've come across a few about pain and discomfort caused by the suction effect of the earplug tips getting yanked out too quickly. If that tip is stuck deep in the ear, I don't think it would be best to gank it out fast with tweezers.

You gotta be careful removing those. I don't have experience with the etys but I do wear earplugs like this
SC1704.jpg
that are similar to the ety tips. When inserted they really make a seal in the ear. One time a few years back I pulled one out too fast and it hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back