Help! IEM quandry
Mar 8, 2006 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ploop

Head-Fier
Hello everybody, I currently have the E4's (good for right?)

well, wrong, because everytime i put them in my ears, it hurts. It hurts in my right ear when i try and put it in, and it hurts with different types of tips (bi-flange and soft silicon).

Will this pain go away or are my ears to sensative? I've had my E4's for 3 months and had the E2's for another 6 months before that (although the E2's caused no pain).

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploop
Will this pain go away or are my ears to sensative? I've had my E4's for 3 months and had the E2's for another 6 months before that (although the E2's caused no pain).

What tips did you use with your E2c? If the tips were the same type then I don't understand how they can give you pain when used with the E4c? What tips did you use with the E2c? Maybe you should try foamies. They're much easier on the ear canal.

Mar 8, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 3
Yep the E3/E4 sit differently in your ear than the E2/E5. I had discomfort in with the E3's for a while - it went away when I started to use the fomies. You should try them.

The yellow fomies don't last as long but you can wash them a few times before the need to be replaced. BTW from what I hear Shure is introducing a new type of fomies in May - they claim to have a greater life span than the current fomies available.

The bi-flange that you mentioned - if it was trimmed from the front and you have discomfort - try to take a little off from the back stem. Just a little at a time. It might help as they may be pushing up against the canal wall. Just keep in mind there is no going back if you do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back