Help Identifying 6SN7 Tubes
Jun 4, 2020 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SpudHarris

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello all, hope you are all safe and well...

I'm having to try and raise some funds due to having taken a huge pay cut because of the Covid 19 situation. I sold my Icon Tube Amp a long time ago but have some tubes here that I'd like to sell but could do with some advice regarding their worth or attractiveness in the market.

I seem to remember these being one of my favourites. Can't remember what I paid for them. Could anyone comment?

IMG_1123.JPGIMG_1124.JPGIMG_1125.JPG

Any feedback appreciated.

Many thanks - Nigel

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 4
Jun 4, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Hello all, hope you are all safe and well...

I'm having to try and raise some funds due to having taken a huge pay cut because of the Covid 19 situation. I sold my Icon Tube Amp a long time ago but have some tubes here that I'd like to sell but could do with some advice regarding their worth or attractiveness in the market.

I seem to remember these being one of my favourites. Can't remember what I paid for them. Could anyone comment?

Any feedback appreciated.

Many thanks - Nigel
You can probably ID them by reading the first post in this thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-reference-6sn7-thread.117677/

I could be wrong but I believe those are the coveted Sylvania metal base,which apparently sound quite good,but are prone to arcing over and being noisy.

@L0rdGwyn or @gibosi could probably give you a definitive ID on them.

You are in luck - those are the highly coveted metal base Sylvania 6SN7W.

They look to be in very fine condition. In NOS condition and well-testing, they typicaly sell for $150-200 USD a piece, so that is $300-400 USD worth of tubes.

Here is an eBay search of recently sold 6SN7W metal base to give you an idea of their value: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=2

Sold as a pair, you will typically be able to ask the higher end of that value range.

It would be beneficial to the sale if you could have them tested, otherwise the value might not be as great. If you can confirm they are working in an audio amplifier, that is typically enough for most Head-Fiers as there is some trust level amongst friends :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks both for the info. I bought them as NOS and probably put about 150 hours on them. They were my favourites for quite some time.

Think they are date matched also. Will put them on the for sale thread tonight...

Many thanks again guys 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back