Help! I accidentally dropped some water into my custom IEMs.
Sep 1, 2010 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

lisztian420

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So this really sucks. I was pouring some water and being careless and all, I got some water into my custom iems.

Are there any ways to fix it without sending back to the manufacturer? How about just letting it dry under the sun. Any of you guys have had this experience before?

Your advices is much appreciated.

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 20
Wow, that's amazing. I did not know that. Thank you slntdth93. I am leaving it under the sun now, hoping it will work. Or maybe I should do both. Put my IEM on the zip loc bag and then leave it under the sun.

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 20
I've heard about the rice thing many times, usually with people who get their mobile phones wet. I've usually heard it works with a jar of uncooked rice as well.

Just don't try to listen to them until after some time, because if they are still wet when a current runs through them its bye bye...

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #9 of 20
Well hopefully the water didn't get into any contact with the crossovers. (I doubt it went that deep.)

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #11 of 20
Sounds like the filter is wet which is muffling the sound so do the rice thing to dry it out and see what happens.

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #13 of 20
Update:

I left my IEM on top of a de-humidifier and it works after I check back two hours later.

Dweaver is right, and thank you all for your valuable advice. I think the rice in zip loc bag will work, but if you live in a humid climate and have a dehumidifier around, use that! It works really really quickly. I also used the opportunity to dehumidify my room : ) I am happy: )

Apr 21, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #15 of 20
I resurrected a celphone that was left out in the rain with the dry bag o rice. And it wasn't even Easter Sunday! Time is of the essence with electronics.

Bruh... You resurrected a 9 Year old thread... a little late to the party, if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back