Help grado ms1-i
Mar 29, 2013 at 7:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

uglyjoe0124

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all
I purchased some modded ms1-i headphones.
They sound wonderful but I would like to reverse the holes that have been made in the back of the drivers .
What would I be able to use.
I guess also I would have to cut something to go around the whole of the driver as I guess if not this would change the sound.

Mar 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 10
Nickchen ( guy behind the MS1000) once suggested plain tape...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/323271/alessandro-ms1000-and-ms-ultimate-diy-modding-56k-warning/2175#post_7796009

:)

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for your advice.
I was thinking of mailing Alessandro and asking them how much it would cost to replace them as really I would like to listen to how they are really meant to be
:smiley:

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 10
Why don't you just buy sheet of felt with tape on one side, and cut a ring the same ID and OD as the back of the driver where the holes are and you should be fine!
After all, that is what is there from the factory, no?

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 10
grado ms1i is a new headphone =)

you can also use blutak to cover the holes, it is alot less messy compared to dynamat as well

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #9 of 10
I have just received some sticky round felt pads the same size as the drivers.
So tonight I will take the cups apart for the first time and play around a little.
I find the highs harsh and raw which is just lovely but would line just to tame the highs just a tad.
I do like the rawness of the headphones.especialy with trance music.tiesto radio 1 on podcast has such a
Beautiful sound and tone .

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #10 of 10
Hi all
Well ive cut the felt in a circle and have cut a circle on the inside so the felt only covers around the out edge over the holes that have been made.
Put them together and yes.ive hit the sweet spot as far as I'm concerned.
A little less upfront bass some tamed highs and brought the treble forward a little .
Sounds like raw in yer face im there music now :smiley:
Woo hoo not bad for a newbie.
Now to muck around with home made cables.
Omg I think I've got the bug lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back