Help getting wma (lossless)file on kenwood?
Dec 16, 2007 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

birdie00

New Head-Fier
Just wondering if anyone can help me getting music on my dap, I have my file in wma lossless, but when I try to sync up I get a message that there was an error during the copy/transfering. Can someone help out a newb to the dap world get my music downloaded. Thanks!

Dec 16, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks, I also thought so, but in the manual it said youcan download wma, aac, mp3... I think I'll go lame mp3 at 320,and convert to wav which should then automatically be done as kls.

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:04 AM Post #4 of 9
just remember that playing in .KLS will only give you about 4 hours of playback. That was my problem that I just found out.

How can you go 320kbps and convert to Wav? That would not sound too good...

I say you either convert all your cds again to Wav or download them all to Wav and then convert to .kls.

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #5 of 9
He should be able to just uncompress them from the WMA lossless files into .wav, and then import/conver them. It won't do any good to convert to MP3 then to wav then to Kenwood's lossless codec. At least, I would think you could uncompress the WMA lossless into WAV. If you convert to MP3 then you may as well just leave it in MP3 since it won't do any good to convert it to anything higher.

Dec 16, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #6 of 9
I wasn't sure if the kenwood would support lame mp3, so I figured I can get the size/quality of lame mp3, in a wav format which I can get on my dap. Can the kenwood support lame mp3? Is any mp3 the same when it comes to downloading on to dap?

Dec 17, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 9
some say that 320kbps mp3s sound just as good as lossless on portables.

Can mp3s still take advantage of gapless?

Dec 17, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #9 of 9
Kenwood supports WMA (up to 192 or 355 depending on the player), but not WMA lossless. The HD60 supports 192.

You can play lame MP3 - it's just MP3 - but I doubt it'll be gapless on the Kenwood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back