Help From 2X-S Owners on Memory Wire Fit?
Jun 27, 2005 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chashulme

New Head-Fier
I recently acquired a pair of 2X-S canalphones and am having trouble with the fit of the memory wire and overall cable routing. Hopefully current owners can give me the benefit of experience on this.

Having owned the Shure E5c's, I have not had any problem with reforming their memory wire and they seem to fit and route well. However, I have noted that the E5c cable it substantially thicker and seemingly easier to manage. My new 2X-S's do not form well over my ears and the wire seems to be trained away from my head so that they constantly ride over my ears and are not comfortable like they should be. Adjusting the small slide tube does not seem to help nearly enough... What is needed is that the cable be trained to the correct shape -- but how the heck does one accomplish this?

The 2X-S memory wire seems to be impossible to easily reform to what I want. It is too persistently shaped and has led me to consider using mild heat, or at least precise hanging, to get it to conform. But, if I do that I will need some sort of rig to make the cable lay right.

Surely I'm not the only one that has come across this issue? This is very frustrating since the 2X-S's sound fantastic, the gels fit great and they isolate very well. Only one thing remains, but it looms large...

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Jun 27, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 2
Although I haven't tried it with mine, I heard you can use a hair dryer on it to help shape it. I'd make sure you don't put any heat on the silcon earpieces themselves. I'd just have them in your ears and apply the heat. I think it makes it curls more.

I was also having a little trouble with the wire slipping off but since I don't use them that much any more, I never tried to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back