Help for the Olympus LS-11
Apr 28, 2011 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

serbach

New Head-Fier
Dear Group,

First, my apologies for asking this question in a gear forum.  I'm trying to find information and I figured that maybe you guys could help me out.

Do any of you know of any forums like Head-Fi that deal with how to get the most out of digital recording equipment?  I bought an Olympus LS-11 in the hopes that I could get better choral concert recordings than I was getting with my Olympus DS-30 voice recorder...though, surprisingly, the DS-30 did a remarkably good job.

I was underwhelmed with the performance of the LS-11 and I decided that it must be my thumb-fingered use of the device that was denying me a better recording experience.  I've been using both at the same time and the DS-30 still sounds better.

Could any of you give me a clue where I could find a place where I could discuss the various LS-11 settings and their effects on audio recording; where I could post samples of recordings made with both of my devices using various settings?  I've been looking for quite some time and I've come up empty...except for almost universal praise for the recording quality of the LS-11.  It's making me crazy!

Thank you,

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back