Help for my next DAC
Oct 7, 2009 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

elwappo99

Master Blower
So I'm looking at an upgrade to my set-up, and I'm finding the world of DACs confusing.

So, right now I'm running off of a xonar d2 > super pro dac > little dot mkiii > hd650, dt770, sr225, and k702.

I want to upgrade my dac, but I don't know where to start. I'm looking at a zero, Zhalou, or the grant fidelity tube dac, but somewhere in there.

I'm hoping to spend around $200 (around being loose, and I'd be willing to spread a bit).
Genres are modern rock, classic rock, classical, and jazz.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 5
You don't say what you don't like about your current DAC. What do you like about it? What would you like to change/improve upon?

Your headphone collection, as well as music genres are pretty varied, so it's difficult to address all of them. But given your budget, I'd say that the Beresford TC-7520 is a solid choice. It has user-upgradable options, and modding capability for later, if you so chose.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 5
Wow, thanks for the info on that dac. I'd never heard of it before. It's definitely at the top of my list now, based on reviews here from head-fi

I didn't want to replace my current dac for any specific reason, I was just looking for a decent upgrade to my system. The one thing that is a deal maker for me is vocal clarity. It can make everything so much more lifelike!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't say what you don't like about your current DAC. What do you like about it? What would you like to change/improve upon?

Your headphone collection, as well as music genres are pretty varied, so it's difficult to address all of them. But given your budget, I'd say that the Beresford TC-7520 is a solid choice. It has user-upgradable options, and modding capability for later, if you so chose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back