Help for BEATS headphone user
May 13, 2014 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

AppleofMyDroid

New Head-Fier
hey everyone im new to these forums and would just like to say hi and thanks for having me. now on to the meat and potatoes i have a pair of BEATS solo HD and i dont really use them anymore they get kinda uncomfortable after a while and i think the sound really aint that great anyways i dont use them much anymore i got them cause my friend recommended them anyways im gonna sell them and get something else my budget is 100$ i currently have a sound system in my car with subs and aftermarket speakers so im used to loud music and bass i listen to hip-hop like usher,bruno mars,eminem,tech n9ne,ice cube i also listen to rock like metallica,journey,foreigner,killswitch engage,avenged sevenfold. i use headphones for the gym and running and walking outside im not opposed to an  over the ear setup its just most are big and i dont wanna look dumb soo i would prefer on the ear but i am open to any suggestions by anyone. thanks for reading

May 13, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 16
ya i looked there but according to the diagram there wasnt anything bass heavy that was an on the ear unit most of those are over the ear i may just be being to picky but thats why i posted here to get peoples opinions thanks for your help anyone else wanna chime in??

May 13, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 16
that does look nice thanks but my preference is on the ear and you right i am a pretty big bass head i may not find anything on the ear thats real bass heavy but im sure there is something on the ear thats better than BEATS  i was actually looking at these but im not sure about pioneers headphone ive had several of there car units and car speakers

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Headphones/Headband/808+SE-MJ751I

May 14, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #7 of 16
Bass heavy? You could try the V-Moda M-100 or XS. Though the beats still 'out bass' these two in terms of sheer low end strength.

May 15, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #10 of 16
Oops sorry, my bad, missed that out.

Then +1 to the Sony X10.

May 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #11 of 16
Given that you're worried about size also, I'd recommend the x10's slightly smaller brother the MDR x05. Almost identical but just a bit smaller and the bass will rattle your skull. Overall sound isn't terrible either, especially for the type you listen to. Both the x10 and x05 are extremely comfortable to wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back