Help for a stylish -yet good- closed headphones :)
Jun 29, 2010 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Caro

New Head-Fier
Hey,
I know there's a lot of threads, I read a lot of them, but I didn't find the precise thread I wanted.
So here we go:
Parisian girl (yeah, that matters :) looking for an awesome sound but colourful/stylish headphones. I'm looking for closed ones, since I'm wearing them all the time, outdoors, in the subway. Not too big if possible. Under 100$ (that is roughly 80€).
So of course, i got lured by the Aerial 7 chopper (hype is beautiful) but all the reviews I read are mixed... (except for one very enthusiast guy over here). And I can't decide. (and I'm pretty interested by the Panasonic RP HTX7E as well...)

so, any ideas?
And the music I'm listening to: electro, indie rock and alternative rock, reggae and... I listen to some conferences/radio talkshows podcasts.

thx, thx, thx :)

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 17
The Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 hasn't got much colour, but most head-fi'ers would agree that it's got style, and they're good sounding headphones.

So it's all about the question if stainless steel (you have choice of black or white) is your cup of tea.

P.S. information is from this side of the Channel.

Jul 1, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 17
wowowow, more than 150€...that's twice what I want to spend !
thx for the answer.
In fact, stainless steel is not really my cup of tea, but I guess in the end you really got to choose between color and sound, hu?

so nobody tested the Aerial 7 Chopper or the Panasonic RP HTX7E?
pliiiiiiiiiiz.

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 17
Salut :)
J'ai eu le HTX7 (je l'ai donné à ma soeur), il est pas mal du tout, mais j'avais un peu l'impression que le son était lointain, pas en parlant de soundstage, mais c'était assez light... et bon, il est pas cher du tout sur amazon... Sinon je ne connaissais pas ces Aerial... A part ça, j'ai pas vraiment eu l'occasion de tester beaucoup de casques dans ces eaux-là, mais j'ai eu les AKG K450 qui sont vraiment pas mal, mais ils isolent pas beaucoup... Mais les ES7 peuvent être trouvables à moins que ça quand même...
Bref, bienvenue, et j'espère que tu trouveras ton bonheur!!

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #5 of 17
Salut,

J'arrive sans doute un peu tard, mais j'en profite pour savoir si tu as opté pour Aerial7 Chopper2, au final, et si oui, ce qu'ils valent niveau son.

Autrement, je ne peux que te conseiller l'Audio Technica ATH-ES7, même s'il est légèrement au desus de ton budget, avec léger un bémol, mais peut-être n'ai-je pas eu de chance.
J'en ai un depuis décembre 2008, et le connecteur a lâché hier, sans traitement particulier... Il serait donc peut-être fragile à ce niveau là, mais la garantie Europe est de deux ans, donc j'attends un retour de chez eux.

Mis à part ça, le son est vraiment ce que j'ai pu entendre de mieux dans un casque à prix raisonnable.
J'ai été tenté par les casque Nixon (Nomadic et Master Blaster) , mais en comparaison le son est vraiment très décevant.

Pour info, j'écoute surtout du rock indé/pop, enfin ce genre de choses (Blur, Broken Social Scene, Lightspeed Champion, mais aussi The Knife, Feist, etc, etc...)

Aug 11, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 17
The RP-HTX7 is a very good headphone for the price (~$30 on this side of the pond). Pretty underrated as far as budget circumaural sets go. It won't win any fidelity awards anytime soon but should more than keep up with the vast majority of consumer models. The AKG K518 might also be worth a look if you can find it in your price range. The LE model comes in a variety of colors and the isolation will be useful for subway use. 

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
The RP-HTX7 is a very good headphone for the price (~$30 on this side of the pond). Pretty underrated as far as budget circumaural sets go. It won't win any fidelity awards anytime soon but should more than keep up with the vast majority of consumer models. The AKG K518 might also be worth a look if you can find it in your price range. The LE model comes in a variety of colors and the isolation will be useful for subway use. 

I agree. For the price the panasonics are pretty good, and they are also quite stylish, IMHO. And they are also more comfortable than the AKG K 518.

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #11 of 17
Yes, but don't forget that Caro mentionned that she's a parisian girl, so she'll probably want a headphone that not everybody wears in Paris!
dt880smile.png

The Panasonic is on every head here... Along with the various Beats.

Aug 13, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #14 of 17
id chime in and say audio technica es55
highly under rated here yet very simple ans stylish design coupled with really good sound
i even preferred it to es7 since it is a lot smaller and more portable and also easier to drive

Aug 13, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #15 of 17
Phiaton MS300 or MS400.  They look pretty cool.  No idea how much they cost in your neck of the woods though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back