help for a newb? IDing a set of headphones
Jul 17, 2008 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

juantheowl

New Head-Fier
hey guys,
this is my first post here, and I am really amazed at the sheer size of this place. I've spent a bit of time looking around before posting this and there's a LOT of stuff round here. Most of it looks really helpful too, so cheers!

Anyway, I'm looking for some help, and between the 72,000 members here, hopefully someone can help me...

I have two questions, first, can someone help identify these headphones for me. All I know is that they are made by Sony and that when I bought them 10 odd years ago, they were awesome, but I was 15, so at that stage anything impressed me. Second, can someone tell me how to open them? I need to get inside because I suspect there is a loose wire as one of the ears just stopped working but if I wiggle the cord it crackles a little. If I can get inside, I may be able to fix it.

Here are some pics. When I was 15 I evidently thought it would be cool to colour my headphones in with a marker, which will explain the red and black marks over them. Apologies again...
Photo11.jpg

Photo12.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #2 of 5
Welcome, and sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif

I'm not familiar with those 'phones, but have you tried gently prying where plastic meets plastic? Also, try pulling off the earpads, they may conceal screws.

As a shareholding member of team "I keep nostalgic phones around and try to fix them" (my almost 30 year old Koss Pro4AAAs had a similar problem to yours), I wish you luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 5
thanks.

yeah, i've tried gently prying around everywhere and it doesn't <i>seem</i> to want to give anywhere, including around the earpads - though i may have to try there with a little more force, but i dont want to go forcing and snapping things, creating more fixing nightmares. of course if i do nothing they'll sit there unlistenable anyway...

thanks for the help anyway. i guess i'll keep searching

Users who are viewing this thread

Back