Help foobar playback 24bit
May 20, 2015 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

tysonultima

New Head-Fier
Hello, currently with Wasapi I am not able to play any files that are 24 bit I keep receiving this error
Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels
Or errors similar to this one all at different frequencies. Using DS or windows test I am still able to hear the sounds.

Current DAC I am using is Sabre Yulong D18 hooked up via optical connection. Thank you.

May 20, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #3 of 9
A quick search leads me to believe that your DAC is not capable of receiving a 6 Channel PCM stream.  You'll need to remix the audio to stereo or there may be a plugin for foobar that can do that as well.  Most DACs you will find people talking about here are 2 channel only.

May 20, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 9
  A quick search leads me to believe that your DAC is not capable of receiving a 6 Channel PCM stream.  You'll need to remix the audio to stereo or there may be a plugin for foobar that can do that as well.  Most DACs you will find people talking about here are 2 channel only.

Oh yeah...six channels. XD

@tysonultima
Are all your 24-bit files six channels instead of stereo? Where did you get them? Do they play in any other players?

May 20, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 9
If the format is not supported by the DAC it will not work. I assume the DAC is stereo, so you need to use a DSP to downmix the 6 channel audio to stereo. I use a VST 8 to 2 channel mixer instead of the built in foobar one, so I can choose the level of each channel to mix.

If you have audio at a sample rate that is not supported you need to resample it. I use SoX resampler mod 1. You can enter all of the supported sample rates into it, so it will not resample anything unless the sample rate is not supported.

May 20, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the help guys. I'll try to put what has been causing the issues in case this might help other people.

The sample tones that I had been downloading that were not playing were in 24bit but were also in 88.2khz. 2 channels

The album I tried listening to is in 96khz and is 24 bit but is 6 channels.

I assume both of them didn't work because the 88.2 might be unsupported (not sure) and 6 channels is not supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back