Help! Fix my KSC75's .. dented driver =(
Mar 22, 2007 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Joshatdot

Headphoneus Supremus
I was performing the Kramer Mod on my friends KSC75's and was taking out the plastic guard. I got it out and it slipped out of my hand, and it fell to the bench on something. I picked it up, and soon saw that the driver was dented alot. So I tried to puch the dent(s) out with a cotton swab ... that just made it worse!!!

The right driver sounds all crappy! Bass clips and makes rattling sounds
frown.gif

This week is not my week!

1st I EFF'ed up my CMoy amp kit beyond repair, and now this driver is very dented!

If I send them back to Koss, should then w/o the custom pads and custom grill/guard?

scn1552hi1.jpg

Mar 22, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 42
As blinx said above, use some sticky tape and pull up on the shiny bit. It's happened to most of us who have kramer'd or done any mods to this phone

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 42
What I always do if I dent a driver and it won't come out with tape or anything else from the front is to push the dents out from the back (sometimes I have to make an incision in a damping pad to get to it). If the driver has no way to get to it from behind, then I separate the diaphragm from the basket and reshape it with it loose. For a KSC75 I would be too lazy and just buy a new one.

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif
Definitely doesn't look like it was caused by one impact to a bench thats for sure o.O Are the drivers that soft?

They are like tin-paper...
plainface.gif
They are VERY delicate.

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #8 of 42
I was Kramer modding mine and the sound in one speaker had no sound at all, so consider yourself lucky. Now, I have to do without a movie ticket and get another pair
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was Kramer modding mine and the sound in one speaker had no sound at all, so consider yourself lucky. Now, I have to do without a movie ticket and get another pair
tongue.gif

You can send them back to Koss, no questions asked lifetime warranty. If I can't get mine fixed with small bits of tape, I am going to send them to Koss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forget it! Trash it. Be glad it wasn't HD 650 or smthg
wink.gif

Trash nutn! I love these lil guys!

Mar 22, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #11 of 42
Send them back? I didn't know they had a liftime warranty. Thanks for the info.

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can send them back to Koss, no questions asked lifetime warranty. If I can't get mine fixed with small bits of tape, I am going to send them to Koss.

way to take advantage of koss' generous warranty. i'm sure that they'll take them back but it just sucks that they have to pay for repairing damage that wasn't their fault. what a nice way to pay back a company for creating such a great product.

Mar 22, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #15 of 42
If you want to try and fix it, put your mouth over the back and gently blow. This should remove the dents but it might make the driver pop out to much and it won't produce sound. Now you have to VERY GENTLY use like a cotton swab, maybe two, and push the diaphragm back in, you will hear it snap back into place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back